• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.8 to 4.0 5 speed clutch/flywheel?

It is quite confusing.
  2. 2.8 to 4.0 5 speed clutch/flywheel?

Im unsure of what the costumers has done to it. I Just now the clutch isn't disengaging. The throw out bearing dosnt touch the pressure plate
  3. 2.8 to 4.0 5 speed clutch/flywheel?

It has a 2001 4.0 from an explorer. We currently have the 4.0 flywheel, clutch, and starter but throw out bearing dosnt make contact with the pressure plate and wont disengage the clutch. We took the fly wheels, clutches, and pressure plates from the 2.8, and 4.0 and placed them together and...
  4. 2.8 to 4.0 5 speed clutch/flywheel?

Swapped a 4.0 in place of a 2.8 in a 84 ranger. Dies any one knkwbwhat clutch flywheel combo to use? Thank you.
  5. 82 ranger, 2000 explorer 4.0, 96 pcm wiring help

Its running, has been for a bit. Only to run into problem 2, the clutch wont disengage. Even if I press the clutch fork in by hand with a pry bar. Clutch pressure plate and fly wheel are all new. Any ideas?
  6. 82 ranger, 2000 explorer 4.0, 96 pcm wiring help

I'm just trying to figure out how to make this harness standalone, with out having to trace every wire down. He knows what parts he needs to make every thing els work, he just dont like wiring. I figured it couldn't be much more trouble than LS stuff, my only problem is finding the pinouts on...
  7. 82 ranger, 2000 explorer 4.0, 96 pcm wiring help

Stock 84 tank and I believe a 2.9 sending unit and pump. I'm not sure. Im just the wiring man, my buddy is building it
  8. 82 ranger, 2000 explorer 4.0, 96 pcm wiring help

Ok, I got fire at the plugs now by hooking power directly to the coil + (red and white stripe, possibly grey stripe) now to find out if the injectors are firing.
  9. 82 ranger, 2000 explorer 4.0, 96 pcm wiring help

I'll be working on this today, and if some one tells me what wires are needed to make it standalone I'll paypal them $25.
  10. 82 ranger, 2000 explorer 4.0, 96 pcm wiring help

Ok, it's an 84 originally 2.8. I have it to where I can crank it, and when I turn the power on I can hear the iac valve or some other electronic humming around the intake area. But it's not getting any spark. I think if I had a proper pin out for the 42 pin connector on the driver side valve...
  11. 82 ranger, 2000 explorer 4.0, 96 pcm wiring help

I may be wrong on the year, or wrong that it was a 2.9. But I am 100% it's a 00 explorer motor, harness and 96 computer
  12. 82 ranger, 2000 explorer 4.0, 96 pcm wiring help

New here, as I mostly do ls swaps and gm applications. I had a customer come to me to finish a swap he had some one els start, and we all know how it is going behind others wiring projects. To start it's an 82 ranger originally 2.9 Original rangerb5 speed 2000 explorer 4.0 and harness. And 96...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad