• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Sean44116

Torque specs 84 2.8l v6

So I’ve decided to do a rebuild of my 84 rangers 2.8l v6. I was wondering where I could find all the torque specs for everything. I saw the ones that where listed in the 2.8l specs but it didn’t mention some important parts like the oil pan, water pump etc... I’ll take any information you guys...
  2. Sean44116

1984 ford ranger engine swap

I was thinking about a shop manual. What will it provide for me?
  3. Sean44116

yeah no kidding there is so many ?
  4. Sean44116

Hello everyone! I’m planning on ripping my old 2.8l v6 out of my 84 ranger and replacing it with a crate Engine (2.8l v6 exact same engine) the one I have now is very worn and it’s time for a new one. Just wanted a few tips any of you guys had on doing this. The tranny bolts look like there...
  5. Sean44116

1984 ford ranger

I also have one more thing (sorry) ever since winter has really hit my valves seem to me making a bit more noise. I’m guess that’s a combination of it being in the 20 degrees Fahrenheit and the thicker oil I’m using. Thanks
  6. Sean44116

1984 ford ranger

the chassis it self is pretty good from whay I can tell the entire underside of the car has been heavily undercoated for a while with the old-school grease and oil. So jus pretty solid. Good idea about the suspension though. Thanks again
  7. Sean44116

1984 ford ranger

Alright great thanks so much. Any suggestions on anything I should do with the ranger obviously you know there’s cars. Anything that goes bad? I’ve redone the entire cooling system, oil pan, valve covers, etc...
  8. Sean44116

1984 ford ranger

Alright man thanks so much I really can’t thank you enough. I would definitely say my valve guide seals are bad. If you don’t mind is there a link I can access to see how those would be changed because if it doesn’t involve ripping the motor out I’m willing to change them. This car is a project...
  9. Sean44116

1984 ford ranger

Alright thanks again so I attach it between the pcv valve and the carb intake. So with the problem I’m having (I know this is really hard to answer) but how much time do I have before the engine is unusable. What type of damage does excessive blowby do if I don’t do a rebuild because I just...
  10. Sean44116

1984 ford ranger

Alright Thanks so much. I’ve done all of the stuff you where saying about the PCV valves. I just redid my valve cover gasket so I cleaned everything when it was open. Rockers and rods all looked really good. So about the catch can? My pcv valve goes straight into the carb or intake. So how will...
  11. Sean44116

1984 ford ranger

no knock it has a little valve clatter but I think that’s because it’s just getting cold and I’m using a little heavy weight oil
  12. Sean44116

1984 ford ranger

Hi my name is Sean. I’m new the the forum but I wanted to ask you guys a few questions. I’ve had a 1984 ford ranger 2.8l v6 with 126xxx miles for about 8 months now. She been running strong but ever since I bought the car smoke has been coming out of the breather on the valve cover. I know this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad