• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 94FRS40

picture of the day!!

A couple shots taken during a Soul of Motown concert in Las Vegas back in November 2017. Canon 5D mkII with Canon 24-70 2.8 lens.
  2. 94FRS40

Loving my '94 Splash

Replaced ignition lock today. Super easy once I figured out how to access the button that needs to be pushed ? Also started a seat swap utilizing VW mk4 leather seats. Started with the passenger seat just to be sure it would work. Had to cut/grind off parts of both the VW seat base and the...
  3. 94FRS40

Another Tonneau Cover Question

Bought the tonneau. It is a LeBra brand - no longer in production. I still need to figure out a mounting system but for now just have it tied down. EDIT: after a bit of Googling, found out that this particular style of tonneau simply clamped to the bed - no hinge. The cover attaches to the...
  4. 94FRS40

Loving my '94 Splash

It matches the rest of the truck perfectly :icon_thumby:
  5. 94FRS40

Loving my '94 Splash

Picked up the tonneau cover today. It is a LeBra brand and is in pretty good shape. Cost... a whopping $20 ? Drove home with it tied down to the inside "hooks". (Yes, it is on backwards.) Now I have to figure out a way to mount it so it hinges as designed.
  6. 94FRS40

I was told it came off a Splash so should fit. I am going to look at it this morning. Thanks for that info. I was thinking I could probably just rig up some type of hinge system and perhaps some gas struts to make it work.
  7. 94FRS40

Loving my '94 Splash

Don't think I haven't considered that swap! At this point, I believe it would be easier to swap the TDI into a 914 than a Ranger. At least for me and my experience. ?
  8. 94FRS40

Loving my '94 Splash

Thanks.
  9. 94FRS40

Loving my '94 Splash

LOL... yeah, the 914 is very small! But they are a blast to drive especially on winding mountain roads (I live in the Smokies). As for German Engineering... I currently own (3) 914s (one is a rusty parts car), an '05 Jetta TDI, '04 parts TDI (plan to swap the engine into a 914), and a non-op '02...
  10. 94FRS40

Loving my '94 Splash

Thanks. I really like it and I have never really been a "truck guy" although I will admit I have always liked the Explorer Sport Trac. Mainly because it has a unique look (especially back when first introduced) This particular truck pushed all the right buttons - the color is perfect; I prefer...
  11. 94FRS40

Loving my '94 Splash

Have been wanting a small truck for quite a while and things finally fell into place last weekend when I brought home a '94 blue Splash with 4.0L and automatic. Showing 225K+ miles but the engine/trans were supposedly rebuilt "by the previous owner". No idea when that might have been :unsure...
  12. 94FRS40

Found the cover shown in the images. Available as shown with no hardware. 1. Does anybody know what brand this tonneau might be? 2. Are there "generic" mounting kits for this type of tonneau? Thanks.
  13. 94FRS40

'85 Mustang Recaro Seats - will they fit '94 Ranger?

New Ranger owner and already looking at replacing the 60/40 seats ? Found a set of Recaros from an '85 Mustang and wondered if they would bolt in. Yes, I have searched (and searched and searched) but there seems to be nothing that is definite. Does anyone know for sure if these will bolt in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad