• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Flounder

2.3L ('83-'97) Interesting clutch problem

Thanks again Ron, Have a nice evening.
  2. Flounder

Thanks so much Ron, Just wanted to get another opinion before diving in to it. Is there a recommended protocol for parts replacement while the tranny is out besides clutch kit, throw out bearing, slave cylinder? Would it be wise to do the rear main seal at this point? Anything else? Also what...
  3. Flounder

My 96 2.3 Ranger has 99k miles on it. I only use it 2 or 3 x a month lately. Yesterday I ran some errands and while backing out of a parking spot the clutch suddenly started slipping. Never slipped before. I know that usually would mean worn clutch plate or oil contamination. What is weird is...
  4. Flounder

2.3L ('83-'97) 96 2.3l lacks power at altitude

Will be doing the "t" belt soon any way but I'm not sure that would cause it. My 93 2.3l had this rattle noise on acceleration, realized it was the timing belt slapping around inside the cover. Even being that loose it ran great.
  5. Flounder

Everything bone stock with 14" wheels on both.
  6. Flounder

I know this might sound normal but it seems a bit extreme. When traveling no load over a mountain pass from see level to 6,600' average grade 4.5% I need to keep it in 4th gear floored just to maintain 60mph. Truck is stock, otherwise excellent mechanical condition showing no codes with 96k...
  7. Flounder

Any advice on how to bypass a/c from turning on during heat modes?

Hey Walt, Thanks. Yes I am aware of this and I use my a/c regularly throughout the year as I live in Hawaii.
  8. Flounder

Thanks everyone for the input. I put a switch on the purple wire as per Ron's suggestion , exactly what I was hoping to achieve. Works great!
  9. Flounder

Hey Gaz, Are you saying that the stock clutch fans don't do a very good job of shutting down at speed or cooler temps?
  10. Flounder

stock everything. not sure of the grade.
  11. Flounder

Thanks Ron, That sounds simple enough. Really appreciate it. Cheers!
  12. Flounder

I go over an 8500ft pass regularly. I often need to use heat modes to stay warm. The pedal is to the metal all the way up to the top just to try and maintain 60 mph and it is quite a drop in power when the compressor clicks on at that altitude. My non a/c 93 ranger defrosted just fine.
  13. Flounder

Charge what? Freon? I think you misunderstood my question. There is no problem with the function, a/c blows cold and everything works as it should. Looking to modify the system so my a/c compressor does not turn on when using heat modes.
  14. Flounder

I have a 96 2.3l , I would prefer that the a/c compressor does not engage when using heat modes. Only want a/c when i select it. Any fix for this? from the schematic it looks like selector switch surgery. Thanks.
  15. Flounder

Need help sourcing the correct Fuel tank filler neck hose for my 96 Ranger with 6' bed and 111.6" wheel base

I tried ordering through their website like a week ago and could not put the item in the cart. So I sent them an email and they said they were unable to find employees. I just happened upon your post with the link and thought I would give it another try and the order went through. Thanks
  16. Flounder

Need help sourcing the correct Fuel tank filler neck hose for my 96 Ranger with 6' bed and 111.6" wheel base

Thanks for the link, seems like a good site but offered no description of the part. There are many cheap replacements out there that are inferior quality and will fail in a year or two. I would like to know how the hose is constructed, i.e. 2 layers of rubber with cord reinforcement. Thanks...
  17. Flounder

Orielly's and Napa are the only places where I live. Napa could not find one with my wheel base and Oriell'y's had no refferences with wheel base so I got the wrong one. Any sources for high quality replacements online or a verification on what part # I need for possible cross referencing...
  18. Flounder

2.3L ('83-'97) Idles rough, won't stay running , bogs on acceleration

93 xlt 2.3l 130kmiles First KOEO codes: 121= throttle position sensor out of self test range or throttle position voltage inconsistent with MAF sensor. Double checked for any vacuum leaks and replaced TPS. No change. Test voltages to MAF sensor, check out o.k. but cannot run proper MAF...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad