• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Acgallen

5.0 cranks but no start after a day of sitting.

In a series of bad luck or whatever, my driveshaft disassembled itself from the transmission. Long story short, pulled the truck back to the house, started it and then let it sit. That was about 12 pm yesterday. About 12pm today i finished up getting the driveshaft back on with some new parts...
  2. Acgallen

1985 Bronco 2 Power issues

I am in the midst of swapping my 4.0 into my 85 bronco 2. Before pulling the engine, i had all lights and signals. After pulling the engine and engine harness there is no power to anything. Lights should be on an independent circuit, but nothing is working. Excuse my crude drawling but this is...
  3. Acgallen

130A Alternator Saves the Day!

Woooohooooo! The feeling of finally finishing the swap is awesome. Took way too long and was a very dumb issue but im glad its over for the most part. The stock 70 A alternator was giving the car 12v while running. From my inexperience i thought that was normal. Year of painful troubleshooting...
  4. Acgallen

Sat for a month, Fuel pump wont prime

Another problem after the other. When i go to turn my key i hear silence, whereas a month ago it would prime and start. Its a rebuilt 306 5.0 that would cut out at higher rpm's, so i replaced the fuel pump a few days ago and still no priming. Im getting to the point where i think wiring a switch...
  5. Acgallen

Rev Limiter on ZF5?

I have a 1993 A3M computer with a 5.0/ZF5 setup. I have finally gotten it able to drive on the road but have noticed when slowly stretching the RPM's out, the truck will cut out at around 4000-4500 RPM. By cut out, I mean it will buck and pop without going any faster. 1st gear I am able to go...
  6. Acgallen

302/ZF5 Swapped Ranger Hydraulic Problems

Hello TRS, hopefully ya'll can save my ass at least one more time. Finally got the engine running with no prevalent problems there yet, but when I wanted to move the newly started truck, I wasn't able to put the truck into gear while running. Turned the engine off and pushed through all the...
  7. Acgallen

1993 Mustang Harness into 1992 Ranger Harness Help

So I've finally reached the point where the long block is assembled (for the most part) and now I'm swapping the A9L mustang computer with the matching harness into the ranger. Ive dug around for a while trying to figure out what is necessary to splice. I've found (By Bob) that connector 39 (8...
  8. Acgallen

Difference between a 1970 5.0 vs 1990 5.0 302

Little backstory, I'm looking to buy an engine rebuilt kit for my 1989 Bronco 5.0 but cant seem to find a kit that has everything I need. I was looking for a kit that provides hypereutectic pistons, cam, timing, lifters and the gaskets/bearings. I come to find that kit exists but the specs say...
  9. Acgallen

89 Bronco 5.0 Into 92 4.0 Ranger

As im sure many people have asked the questions im about to ask but the more and more i search its seems endless lol. I have the need for speed (Blown head gasket & low compression) for say and wanted to challenge myself by swapping the 5.0 into the ranger. I have the whole project layed out and...
  10. Acgallen

Small Backfire and Low Compression on Middle Cylinders

I recently did a full head gasket replacement to fix it blowing white smoke out of the exhaust, which worked. Now after putting everything back together ive noticed a few small problems. I bought the truck knowing it ran but i never layed on the gas because of the bad head gasket, so not sure if...
  11. Acgallen

Kid With Big Aspirations!

Greetings Ranger Community! My names Andrew and i'm brand new here. I guess i'm fairly young as i'm 19 in college and on track to go into the army(11A), but I've always been into older ford trucks and recently this past week pulled the trigger on a 92 4.0 V6 Custom Ext Cab and I treat it as a...
  12. Acgallen

Fender Compatibility From 83 to a 92

I'm fairly new to the Ranger scene as I just bought one. I couldn't seem to find any discussion posts on body parts that would swap from certain years. I have a 92 Extended Custom and I love the 83-88 fender/front, so i'm wondering if the body lines and front/hood would line up the same. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad