• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.5L ('98-'01) i think i crossed #1 and #2 spark plug wires.

IT RUNS! Ron, i did the coil pack disconnect test on both coilpacks and engine seems to run fine, therefore... the loose driverside #4 seems to be holding (and hopefully bonds further with time) the potentally disconnected 'wire-to-sparkplug connector' on wire passenger-side #3wire is still...
  2. 2.5L ('98-'01) i think i crossed #1 and #2 spark plug wires.

grease between wire and coilpack? damn it, i just removed all the old grease and installed them dry. would it be worth my time to remove and reinstall with grease? i figure itll take 15 min max. okay, even bigger screw up. i mis-matched wires during installation and had to remove one to put it...
  3. 2.5L ('98-'01) i think i crossed #1 and #2 spark plug wires.

I made this tool to extract plug 3 & 4 cuase i lost the rubber gasket to my sparkplug socket :p ONE MORE QUESTION: i dont need dialectric grease where the spark plug wires meet the coil pack, correct?
  4. 2.5L ('98-'01) i think i crossed #1 and #2 spark plug wires.

im guessing that even if the secondary spark plug is firing at the wrong time, it wont cuase much of an issue becuase the injector is not flooding fuel into the chamber for it to combust at the wrong time. does my logic make sense?
  5. 2.5L ('98-'01) i think i crossed #1 and #2 spark plug wires.

i mean what kind of damage could 20,000miles with 1&2 crossed have done to the engine? i am at 297,000kmi i gotta ask, does this look like my head gasket is starting to leak? does leak look bad? my engine has previous been coated in power steering fluid, but this oil looks fresh. i cant get a...
  6. 2.5L ('98-'01) i think i crossed #1 and #2 spark plug wires.

i think i have my passenger side #1 and #2 boots crossed from the spark plugs to the coil pack Its been about 5 years since my last spark plug and boot replacement so I went to swap them out. I decided to label the wires with a sharpie from where they went. I then compared it to this spark plug...
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) Filthy under timing cover

jumpstart didnt work but i gave the battery one last hopeful go by bringing it to autozone for a 2 hours charge. i put the battery in the truck, cranked the key and heard a LOUD BANG ... the tailgate dropped, engine sounds great!
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) Filthy under timing cover

i did timing belt and put my truck back together and my truck wont start i had the battery out for 2 weeks, it was sitting half on a piece of 2x4 and half on the floor, it was laying at a tilt for 2 weeks, i did notice a bit of goo leaking from positive terminal. outside temps ranged from...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) Filthy under timing cover

aditional question: at 300kmi, is it recommended i change my crank position sensor and any other stock sensors? which sensors degrade and which dont? off the top of my head i have already replaced maf pcv iac both o2 'dpfe' i believe another was called.
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Mass Airflow Sensor

try a rock auto one with a heart next to it, lol sorry, i am not a wealth of information like most of these guys.
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) Mass Airflow Sensor

truck doesnt start with the aftermarket maf?
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) Filthy under timing cover

one more question, lol. parts instruction manual says to take "timing belt tensioner adjustment bolt (9)" to ~30ft-lbs. chilton manual says to the the same bolt to ~17ftlbs. is this bolt supposed to be loose enough to move as the belt stretched over time? i currently have the "timing belt...
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) Filthy under timing cover

another question: intuition tells me i should clean off crank shaft spindle and harmonic balancer mating surfaces, and then grease them up a little before mating them and cranking down the bolt, should i grease up the two surfaces before re-installation? do i apply a little grease to the threads...
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) Filthy under timing cover

how i clean harmonic damper sensor aka crank shaft sensor? i read it is just a magnet. do i just wipe off the surface of it?
  15. 2.3L ('83-'97) Filthy under timing cover

yeah, looks like it was removed from 2.5l
  16. 2.5L ('98-'01) rtv sealant on water pump

I am doing a water pump replacement and my chilton manual implies i should add "RTV sealant" to the face of the pump and/or engine. the manual list steps for replacement for a yr01-11 2.3l pump and then further down says "all other models " followed by more instruction... 'scrape off old...
  17. 2.3L ('83-'97) Filthy under timing cover

additional timing belt question: someone mentioned there should be a big flat washer after this 'sprocket' to keep the belt from 'walking off'... i dont recall seeing one. is this bad information
  18. 2.3L ('02-'11) auto to manual swap

errrrrr my truck model year shouldnt have been mentioned. i am just wondering if it is easy to swap a 01-11 from auto to manual
  19. 2.3L ('02-'11) auto to manual swap

i am wondering if it would be plug and play, or if there are a bunch of modifications that would need to be made. i looked around google for info on this but i could not find it. i was wondering if i could find a cheap, yr01-11, ~100kmi engine with a dying auto transmission and then swap in a...
  20. 2.3L ('83-'97) Filthy under timing cover

under my timing cover is full of layer of grease and dust.... i had a power steering leak for like two years, so i take it its just that, ya? i also noticed whenever i would move the steering wheel hard when the car was off, PS fluid would shoot out of the cap. i take it thats where all the oil...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad