• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Aux Fuel Tank

I’m thinking about adding an external tank to my 1997 ranger for long road trips. 15-20 gallon tank in the bed with a small pump to pump the fuel into the tank at 3-5 psi at about 0.5 gallons per minute via a 5/16” tube welded into the filler neck. Has anyone here tried something like this...
  2. Engine running lean and P0171 code after tail pipe replacement

I recently replaced a rotted out tail pipe on my 1997 Ranger 2.3L. After the tail pipe was replaced the engine started running a little rough at full throttle and the CEL came on with code P0171. I can’t imagine how a tail pipe could cause the engine to run lean but I’m not sure how to resolve...
  3. Water leak in cab - 1997 Ranger Short Cab XLT

Found about 1/2" of water in the driver's side floorboard after a heavy rain. The door seals are in good shape and there is no indication of leakage from the third brake light. Any ideas what might cause this and how to prevent it? Photo below was taken after I swept most of the water out...
  4. Strange electrical problem

1997 Ranger XLT 2.3L 4x2. Strange electrical problem occurred today. I was driving normally and turned on the headlights. Radio turned off, engine stumbled, ABS, Airbag, and other panel lights lit briefly, and the truck ran as normal after that. CEL was on (normal), no other lights or...
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Engine "stumbles" intermittently NEED HELP!

1997 Ranger XLT 2.3L Manual Transmission. The engine on my ranger stumbles intermittently at idle and while driving. The engine stumbles and almost immediately recovers, it occasionally dies if it occurs at idle but usually recovers very quickly. While driving it acts like the engine has been...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad