• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 OHV Crankshaft Pulley / Balancer Removal tool recommendation?

My understanding is these are to be replaced and not reused. They are cheap so I don't mind replacing it.
  2. 4.0 OHV Crankshaft Pulley / Balancer Removal tool recommendation?

Thanks! Greatly appreciated. Followup: Then just use washers and the ac bolts to install the new one?
  3. 4.0 OHV Crankshaft Pulley / Balancer Removal tool recommendation?

Bump... gosh, does anyone have a recommendation?
  4. 4.0 OHV Crankshaft Pulley / Balancer Removal tool recommendation?

Hi, I have a 1999 Ranger 4.0L OHV that's leaking coolant. In another thread I've gotten some very helpful recommendations on what to look for. As a part of the leak fix I want to remove and replace my Crankshaft Pulley/Balancer. I see tons of very reasonably priced tool sets on Amazon. But...
  5. Harmonic Balancer Bolt - '94 - 4.0 Ranger

That was Tim, the OP, that has the 94. I'm looking to fix coolant leaks in my 99 4.0 so while I'm there I'm going to replace the balancer and bolt. Apologies for hijacking the thread.
  6. Harmonic Balancer Bolt - '94 - 4.0 Ranger

I'm hoping they never changed the actual bolt... only the part number. I have a 1999 Ranger 4.0
  7. Harmonic Balancer Bolt - '94 - 4.0 Ranger

eBay has them part supplier in Arizona. Under 5$ plus change and free shipping. eBay link August 10, 2023
  8. Harmonic Balancer Bolt - '94 - 4.0 Ranger

Thanks for this number!!! Was able to easily find a new bolt once I had this number. Tried all kinds of searches and could not find the right part. I was searching for "harmonic balancer bolt". Ford calls this bolt "Crankshaft Pulley Bolt".
  9. Help identifying source of coolant leak

Thanks North Idaho! Wow. So coolant flows through the lower intake manifold too? Yikes. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me on this. I'll add that to my list. Any suggestions on how to check it?
  10. Help identifying source of coolant leak

Thanks RobbieD!
  11. Help identifying source of coolant leak

The thermostat housing looks good. I will double check next week! Thanks
  12. Help identifying source of coolant leak

Sorry! Yes it is a 1999 XLT 2 door 4.0L OHV. I'll edit the original post. Does water flow through the timing cover?
  13. Help identifying source of coolant leak

Thanks for this. I will put it top of the list when I get back next week.
  14. Help identifying source of coolant leak

Hi everybody. Well now that I have my driveshaft fixed (earlier topic) I'm now experiencing a coolant leak. Where would coolant be coming from on the front drivers side of the engine? I don't see any coolant pipes here, so I'm puzzled. You can see the alien green puddle on the drivers side of...
  15. Do I have a "stock" driveshaft? 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 automatic with 4.0l engine. 126 inch wheelbase.

Thanks to all that helped, the driveshaft is re-installed and working beautifully. Replaced front and rear u-joints. Lubricated the splines. No vibrations. Transfer case, front and rear differentials fluids are all changed. It was a challenge getting the correct driveshaft. Thanks to you, I...
  16. Do I have a "stock" driveshaft? 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 automatic with 4.0l engine. 126 inch wheelbase.

Geezo Or flip it over and it slides right in. Sometimes the idiot is looking at you in the mirror.
  17. Do I have a "stock" driveshaft? 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 automatic with 4.0l engine. 126 inch wheelbase.

Well crap. Bought a new Spicer 5-213X U-Joint for the rear of the driveshaft and it won't fit because the shoulder diameter is too large. What to do in this situation? I can't find a Spicer cross reference for exact fit replacement for the original Spicer 539. Grind down the shoulder? Or?
  18. Do I have a "stock" driveshaft? 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 automatic with 4.0l engine. 126 inch wheelbase.

For anyone interested, here's the difference between the Spicer F2-789 spline and the Spicer F2-82-759. The splines match but the F2-789 is longer.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad