• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. John501

2.3L ('83-'97) Codes

I have a 1990 ranger 2.3 5 speed. It runs completely fine, the only issue is my tack doesn't work right anymore, and the truck idles at about 900-1000 and I get 20mpg. I pulled codes, and I had to jump the single pin to the negative battery. I got the following codes 11 o passed 18c erratic...
  2. John501

Turn signals not working

Hey guys I got a 1990 ranger. I just welded in some floor pans and after driving my truck my turn signals don't work. I disconnect the negative on the battery before welding. I tried jumping the lightblue-whitelightblue wire at the multi function switch. Nothing happened of course, because that...
  3. John501

1990 ranger leaf spring help

I have a 1990 ranger I need to order a new driver side rear leaf spring. Ill attack a picture of the door sticker, my trucks only a 4 banger with the 7.5 open rear end. does anyone know what kind of leaf pack/load limit should I be looking for here?
  4. John501

Tach Kinda working but not right

My ranger is a 1990 2.3 manual, the other day I swap in a new radiator and thermostat. After I fired it up, I noticed my tack was idling at 500rpm, which the engine was not. So I took off, and it seems the tack is unresponsive, the highest it will go is 1000ish even when I have the engine around...
  5. John501

2.3L ('83-'97) Tack not working right

My ranger is a 1990 2.3 manual, today I swap in a new radiator and thermostat. After I fired it up, I noticed my tack was idling at 500rpm, which the engine was not. So I took off, and it seems the tack is unresponsive, the highest it will go is 1300ish even why I have the engine around 3000rpm...
  6. John501

2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 Really bad gas mileage

Hey everyone, I have a 1990 ranger 2.3 lima, 5 speed manual around 160K miles. It has the 3.45 rear end and I upgraded to 15 inch rims, with 235/75r15 tires i change the speedo gear to get the correct speed. This winter I've noticed a slow decline in my fuel economy, my last fill up was 14 mpg...
  7. John501

2.3L ('83-'97) Oil guage questions

Hey guys, I've got a 1990 ranger 2.3 2wd 5speed custom. When the engine is about a quart low on oil the guage reads below halfway. But once I too it off back to full it sits above half way. When I start the truck up it slowly comes up to above halfway. Unlike my 01 explorer that just clicks to...
  8. John501

Heater stuck hot

Hey guys, I have a 1990 ranger 2.3 5 speed. I switch my hvac slider to the cold side to let the truck heat up faster, then once it was warm I tried to move it back to the hot side. It wouldn't go past the middle, so in my infinity wisdom I forced it, and something popped. Now the slider has no...
  9. John501

2.3L ('83-'97) 2.3 can't stay warm

I know there are other threads on this but I have slightly circumstances. My little ranger's 2.3L can build/keep heat this winter. At first I though it was a stuck thermostat and bad sensor, so I replaced both, and I tested the thermostat before hand it came back good and opened at 192 degrees...
  10. John501

2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel tank Trouble

Hey guys I have a question relating to my 1990 ranger 2.3 custom. I did a fuel pump awhile back, and noticed that it's tank is plastic, which from what I can figure means it 21 gallons. I wanted to test this fact so I drove it pass my normal 300 mile refill, and around 340 it started stuttering...
  11. John501

1990 ranger windshield rust

My 1990 ranger has a windshield leak due to rust. I know it will need to be removed and new metal put in. I've thought about welding in the new metal but I'm concerned about future rust underneath the welds. Between the two layers of steel. I've read that some people use structural adhesive...
  12. John501

GAS Gauge issues

My 1990 Ford ranger custom 2.3 L 5 speed is having fuel gauge issues. With the key off the fuel gauge always rests around 1/4-1/2. The second I turn the truck in it goes to 0. I replaced the OEM fuel pump assembly, and it does the same thing. So I believe that rules out the sending unit. What...
  13. John501

2.3L ('83-'97) 1990 ranger 2.3 air box broken help

I have a 1990 Ford Ranger 2.3 custom the top part of the air box is broken, and letting in dirt. I know the stock intake is basically cold air and I would like to keep it stock. But so far it has been impossible to find a new one or used one. I'll add pictures, what is everyone's thoughts, and...
  14. John501

225/70r14 vs 27x8.5r14

1990 Ranger custom 2.3 5 speed. Stock size tire were 215/70r14. The current are 225/70r14, I bought it with these, but they are old and getting bald. I want to know what would change if I put 27x8.5r14 tires on. I was looking at the general grabber AT, I know the load rating is less at 95, but...
  15. John501

Windshield Wipers

I didn't know exactly where to post this. My 1990 ranger has wiper arms with the little post pin, instead of a loop arm. I can't get the blade to stay on, after 2 wipes it falls off. Does anyone know how to solve this, can I get an arm that has a loop instead of a post. Thanks, Jonn
  16. John501

2.3L ('83-'97) Question

I have a 1990 Ranger Custom 5speed 2.3L. I can't figure out what the metal flex tube the goes from the exhaust header to the passenger frame rail is, and what's the point of it. Any ideas?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad