• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 9723

Actuator door stuck on heat?

I have a '97 2.3 xlt that's stuck on full blast heat. I've tried to look at the vacuum lines and haven't seen any that look like they're leaking....can't be sure about that tho. What I'm asking is, where is the actuator (or blend) door? If I move the control knob to "anywhere", regardless of...
  2. 9723

Finally have to pull the trans.

I have a '97 2.3, xlt plane Jane Ranger (with M50D trans) and this has been coming for a long time. At 170k miles, the trans has been fine, but I could tell something was wrong, so I've got most of the parts on hand. Couple days ago I got up to go to the store...no clutch. I had driven it a...
  3. 9723

M5OD R1 Rattle

This is a '97 2.3L with about 167k miles. It's nearing time to put in a new clutch and throw-out bearing. The biggest reason I'm ready to do it tho, is because I'm getting a rattle in the transmission sometimes. Always when idling with the clutch out. When I put the clutch in, the rattle...
  4. 9723

Which parts, OEM or...?

My ,97 2.3L XLT finally needs a throw-out bearing. If I'm going to pull the trans out I think I should do it all....the front seal, clutch, pressure-plate and and slave cylinder. Should I buy OEM or Exedy? I've used exedy clutches before on other vehicles, but their slave cylinder is...
  5. 9723

Speedo repair?

I did search through the forum, and saw lots about the speedo and the speed sensor, but not really about repairing the speedo. Can it be repaired? I wondered at first if the speed sensor might be out because that's what most of the forum topics led too. I plugged in my Actron Code reader and...
  6. 9723

Gasket between upper and lower?

I'm pulling the plenum side of my intake manifold on my '97, 2.3L Ranger. I've seen two types of gaskets (between the upper and lower intakes) for this. One paper and another "Performaseal". Is paper the way to go, or might this other material be better. Also, what type gasket sealer is...
  7. 9723

specific heat damage?

I'm wondering what specific heat damage I may have caused on my '97 2.3 Ranger. I was on I-10 in Texas doing about 84 mph. Apparently my thermostat stuck closed. I didn't know they could do that, but I didn't see the gauge berried at the top of high. My shifter knob rattles, so I didn't hear...
  8. 9723

Mercon V

When I got my '97 2.3 5 speed in 2004 I changed all the fluids. At the time my research showed the trans fluid.....some data stated Mercon ATF, other places stated surprisingly 5 w30 motor oil. I put in the motor oil. I've been running that since, for 42,000 miles without any issues. Now...
  9. 9723

Good clutch?

I'm doing a long-block.....ought'a do the clutch, too. I was looking at a Hays 90-239, but I like to hear from anyone that's had any make for a long time. ....or other suggestions. Thanks!!
  10. 9723

Just 1 inch?

I've been doing some research and looking thru lowering parts, but I can't find anyone that has something to lower the rear end 1 or 2 inches. Will shorter shocks work by themselves. I've looked at modifying the leafspring holder at the back......... I just want to get my truck closer to...
  11. 9723

My '97 2.3

. . This is where it starts. Not as extreem as many that I'm see here, but I have a different purpose than most, maybe. I'm really interested in better gas mileage and reliablity, but I believe that with a bit more performance..you can put less throttle on and get better mileage. I had a...
  12. 9723

Drop Kit brand?

I wondered if anyone has particular experience with a make of kit, whether good or bad. I'm only thinking 1" in front and then enough to level the rear...which might be 2-3". Thanks! ed
  13. 9723

Front Air dam

I've seen a few nice looking air-dams out there, but has anyone found them to result in better gas mileage and stability? What make, and where'd you get it? Thanks!
  14. 9723

Ford data sheet

I posted this under a new subject because I think it's an important find. Yes my Ranger is a '97 and I think Ford probably installed the shim pack on later models and did not make a design change, so the shim pack wears out and results in the same noise....that's mistaken for a rod knock or...
  15. 9723

No lifters, but that's what it sounds like?

1997 2.3, and it sounds like it has bad lifters. What else could it be? .....sounds like a bottom end lifters not pumping up. Anybody heard similar? Thanks! Ed I haven't put a tube on it yet to localize the noise, but will sometime today
  16. 9723

Leaking

..been hearing an exhaust leak where the manifold connects to the catalitic converter section. Took it apart and I see no decernable reason it should be leaking. No bending or warping, no corrosion to speak of. Only two reasons I can think of: 1. It just needs to be aligned, reseated and...
  17. 9723

Exhaust leak

..been hearing an exhaust leak where the manifold connects to the catalitic converter section. Took it apart and I see no decernable reason it should be leaking. No bending or warping, no corrosion to speak of. Only two reasons I can think of: 1. It just needs to be aligned, reseated and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad