• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Quick hub bearing question on 2nd gen explorer

installed. drives super nice and no more howl. i THINK the pinion bearing failed and was making noise. its been doing that for YEARS even after Ford "rebuilt" the diff. so nice not to hear it howling. thanks for all the help. ill be back once i get the parts for my 91.
  2. Quick hub bearing question on 2nd gen explorer

well guys, i have a new diff for this beast. not only did it not take much to yank it, i also found one with the right gearing. hopefully i can get it installed properly on Wednesday
  3. wiper and speedo questions. 91 explorer XLT

Sorry for not replying sooner. I just had a bad switch. Yanked it out of my ranger and haven't had an issue since. I do feel guilty about robbing my ranger for parts but with the engine being toast I'll fix what I robbed when I get it running again.
  4. Quick hub bearing question on 2nd gen explorer

Did some looking, and pulling, but found I have a 3.73 in mom's rig. Same as my 91! Love it. Limited slip too out back. But after pulling the front cover, the carrier is trashed. So I am on the hunt for a 3.73 equipped diff. And I figure if it's not too rusty, I can have the diff out in about 2...
  5. Quick hub bearing question on 2nd gen explorer

Thats the plan. I will be grabbing one soon but ID like to get one with the same gearing. Hopefully weather will permit me to drop the one I have and see what gearing is in it.
  6. Quick hub bearing question on 2nd gen explorer

Thats why I asked. I was unsure on that. Fords are somewhat new to me as I am more of a VW guy. Oh trust me I know how soft aluminum is. Broken head on one of my TDIs due to a mistime. Not fun at all.
  7. Quick hub bearing question on 2nd gen explorer

Thanks guys. This is what I was looking for. For now I guess Im hitting the yards and finding a temp diff to put in as I am unsure of the gear ratio in this one. Door tag is AWOL so ill pull this one out and see what it is. I do appreciate the info. Also the front driveline was pulled to be able...
  8. Quick hub bearing question on 2nd gen explorer

Hey guys and gals. My mom has a 99 Explorer limited 5.0 AWD. Front diff died, I know weird, so I am gonna rebuild/replace it as soon as weather permits. Now here is my question. Are the hub bearings similar to each other between 2 and 4wd?? I need a 2nd vehicle as my roommates ram eats us out...
  9. wiper and speedo questions. 91 explorer XLT

cool cool. thank you for the info. i did find the controller on the ranger and felt around in the explorer and i think i found it in the same place. i will be swapping those today, and maybe the motor and switch as well but controller first. as for the speedo i will look into that. i though...
  10. hey all. newb here.

LOL!!!!! thanks guys!
  11. wiper and speedo questions. 91 explorer XLT

hey guys and gals. i have a 91 Explorer XLT and the wipers have been giving me fits. Everything else works but when I turn the wipers on, I can hear a click under dash. GEM??? If so could I use the one from my 91 Ranger since its down for motor work??? I don't know what all the GEM controls...
  12. hey all. newb here.

Howdy all. As you can probably tell from my user name, I am more of a mopar and vw guy but I have a PAIR of 91s. One Ranger and one Explorer. Both are 4.0l rigs but the Ranger is a base XLT 5SPD and the Explorer is a high option XLT auto. Both are 4wd, which is nice. I bought the Ranger as a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad