• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Cobrablues

Steering Wheel Vibrations

Thanks. I do off road in some rocky areas but not as much as some. Probably not enough to warrant the headache of balancing issues.
  2. Cobrablues

ok. Finally found the problem after paying a bit for balancing. It's the M/T designation. I was told that by a couple of wheel/tire people. Mud terrain do not hold balancing very well. I was not given a choice as to which tires I could get. However, in all the jacked up vehicles I have had, I...
  3. Cobrablues

Oaky, my bad....bad eyes I guess. They do deceive me.
  4. Cobrablues

Hmmmm. The date says 13 years ago but the post is about a 2021 Ranger. I am not a mathematician but I did know a constipated one that worked it out with a pencil.
  5. Cobrablues

I have A 2020 Ranger with 4000 miles and it does the same thing at around 75 - 80. It was doing it at lower speeds but having them balanced for the 2nd time helped. It is irritating. I have 33x12.5x 20 inch wheel/tire setup with 4 inch lift. I had an FJ Cruiser with the same tires but smaller...
  6. Cobrablues

Windshield Replacement and Camera Recalibration

Actually, they plug in a module to the ECU and a satellite links to it as it "looks" at the terrain. And yes. I have seen Maximum Overdrive with Emilio Estevez. They can track us more easily now. I should have gotten a 1965 pickup.
  7. Cobrablues

OK. 6 weeks into this ordeal, I now have a new windshield. It only took the technician less than four miles for the truck to recalibrate itself.
  8. Cobrablues

According to Ford, Sound Screen is an acoustic layer that reduces sound. It is also supposed to be in the doors as well. I think the industry term is acoustic glazing.
  9. Cobrablues

Well. My windshield is still not replaced. The day they were to come out I received a call saying they ordered 3 OEM windshields for myself and two other unfortunate souls that all arrived broken. Hmmmm. Oh well. Back to the waiting. Sounds like a Tom Petty song. I will report back.
  10. Cobrablues

Ok. So Safelite called me last week and said the OEM windshield would be in Tuesday and they could come to my house and install it Thursday afternoon. We shall see. I will report back.
  11. Cobrablues

Unleashed Tuning Package

I agree. It's not the towing part of the tune I was interested in. With 7500 lbs towing capacity, you can certainly pull a 4000 lb camper behind it. I mostly like the increased torque and HP.
  12. Cobrablues

Unleashed Tuning Package

The Ford Performance site says it is optimized for towing. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB
  13. Cobrablues

Safelite didn't bring the proper windshield, yet again. Not only does the OEM have Ranger stamped on it, there is also a small stamp on the lower right side that says SoundScreen. This is a layer in the windshield that creates a sound barrier that make your drive quieter. I would not have known...
  14. Cobrablues

Safelite is coming this morning to replace the window. If they can't calibrate it I will go to the dealership. I will let you know. We certainly give them a lot of business through USAA so it seems they should be able to calibrate my camera. I will report back.
  15. Cobrablues

Thanks for the responses. I haven't had the windshield replaced yet. When I went to Safelite on Friday they said they didn't have the OEM windshield but could order it and get it quickly. So I opted to have them come to my house instead of driving down to them like last time. If they don't bring...
  16. Cobrablues

I would think there is probably a thread for this topic but search didn't come up with anything. I have a new 2020 Lariat which got a cracked windshield. Only $50. deductible on my insurance with USAA at Safelite. I made an appointment and was told I would need the forward camera recalibrated...
  17. Cobrablues

Show us your 2019-2020 Ford Ranger

2020 Lariat 4 inch Rough Country lift. 33x20 tires and wheels.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad