• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Unbreakable7132

89 Ranger

Whats the best way to drop my 89 ranger by about 4 inches in the front without spending a ton of cash?Any mods I can do to the current parts on the truck short of cutting the coils?
  2. Unbreakable7132

m50d-r1 mess.

So driving down the street today at about 55 mph I hear a thud followed by metal being thrown about underneath my feet. The case is not damaged as far as I can tell.No cracks or holes.I no longer have 3rd through 5th gears.I engage them in the cab and let out on the clutch and all I get is a...
  3. Unbreakable7132

Help with coolant temp sensor

I bought an aftermarket coolant temp guage to install on my 89 2.3. The when I pulled the plug from the sensor with the truck running the idle dropped way down and I lost alot of power.Is there another place in the head or the block that I can put the probe for the guage without disconnecting...
  4. Unbreakable7132

Aftermarket Speedo.

My truck has a cable speedo.If I just take the old out and put the new one in, will anything else need to be done? Will it still read accurately?
  5. Unbreakable7132

2.3 Max power.

How much power can I get out of a 2.3? The one I have is an 89' and it's been rebuilt once. I know they only had about 100hp stock though, so I'm wondering how much I can squeeze out of it. Are there any mods I can do that will take it up? Thanks.
  6. Unbreakable7132

Aftermarket gauges.

I'm trying to replace all my guages with aftermarket stuff.I need to know how I would hook up the aftermarket gas guage and voltmeter.Do I need to cut the wires from the plug on behind the instrument cluster?Is there another way of hooking it up? I need the help.Thanks.
  7. Unbreakable7132

Help!

Any suggestions or ideas on how to tighten up the stock leaf springs suspension on an 89 2.3? It's been lowered but it has alot of travel in the rear end and I don't want that.Anything I can do?
  8. Unbreakable7132

Need help with push button starter.

I'd like to do a push button start with ignition switch and I need some help as to where to start and the basics of it all.If anyone could help I would appreciate it.:D
  9. Unbreakable7132

gas gauge wires

Does anyone know the colors for the gas gauge wires?I'm putting an after Market gauge in it and I need some help identifying them.Thanks.
  10. Unbreakable7132

I need some opinions.

89 2.3,2wd.It's been lowered in the front by cutting the coils and in the rear by flipping the spring hangers. My plan with this truck is to lower it pretty far but not slam it.I want to make it into a fast little street machine. I've got a 3.8 I'll be swapping in here pretty soon but a big...
  11. Unbreakable7132

I need some serious help.

Last night i replaced the head gasket and other gaskets in my 2.3l twin plug motor.I got it all back together and it's cranking but not starting.I checked the emergency cut off switch thinking that was it and it was not.I checked the timing and I'm pretty sure it's where it needs to be.This...
  12. Unbreakable7132

Help!

I have an 89 ranger.Single cab.It's got a 2.3 L distributorless motor and a manual trans.I have a 3.8 motor I pulled from my wrecked mustang.Will the 3.8 be an easy swap?And will my stock trans mate up to it no problem?I need all the help I can get.This 2.3 is pushing 450,000 and I need to do...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad