• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger Brad

There are a couple more visits from Mr. Rubbing Compound yet to go. But first Mr. Sander and Ms. Duplicolor have to pay a call. All I want is a 20/20 paint job. From 20 metres away, at 20 km/h, it will look good!
  2. Ranger Brad

Crucial repair job #1: no blower fan action. Considering the rainy climate I live in, having actual air move across the actual windshield is probably a good thing. It doesn’t work on any speed, so probably a power or ground problem. Fuse: Yup, it’s good. Power to the fan: Yup, it’s good. Fan...
  3. Ranger Brad

I got my threads mixed up. I meant to put my build/repair updates here, not in New Members. First update: new air filter, lubed the squeaky creaky clutch pedal, crossbars mounted, and (drum roll please)… NEW TIRES! Yeah, I know a lot of you guys are doing 3 and 4 inch lifts and the like, but...
  4. New Member, Low Dollar Truck

Crucial repair job #1: no blower fan action. Considering the rainy climate I live in, having actual air move across the actual windshield is probably a good thing. It doesn’t work on any speed, so probably a power or ground problem. Fuse: Yup, it’s good. Power to the fan: Yup, it’s good. Fan...
  5. New Member, Low Dollar Truck

Side note to my side note: When I ordered the tires from the distributor, he replied that I had “some kind of weird size going on there.” Dude, you’re the one with 62 of them in your Canadian warehouse… :D Edit: 58 of them. FTW.
  6. New Member, Low Dollar Truck

First update: new air filter, lubed the squeaky creaky clutch pedal, crossbars mounted, and (drum roll please)… NEW TIRES! Yeah, I know a lot of you guys are doing 3 and 4 inch lifts and the like, but this ain’t no 4x4, this ain’t no pre-runner. The Grabber A/Tx tires are 1” bigger diameter...
  7. Ranger Brad

Yeah, but I didn’t say “left of left” anything. I’m guessing TRS is Big Brother-ed by the same Big Brother that runs my other forum (where I did actually say that). And before anyone goes all stalker on me, that’s the previous owner’s BC plate! :cool:
  8. Ranger Brad

That’s weird. I didn’t name my location. That must have automatically filled itself in from another forum where I use the same name. Kinda creepy. Of course, you are correct, I live on the PRVI, and my truck was bought new in the same town where I live. Thanks for the offer, so far there is no...
  9. Ranger Brad

So far, not so much, but you are On A Roll!!!
  10. Ranger Brad

Excellent try! But wrong! (I am impressed, though. Here’s a pic of the hood.)
  11. Ranger Brad

I’m just gonna start posting here, so that (if nothing else) I can look back in months or years to come and say “oh, yeah, I did/was gonna do/shouldn’t have done that!” Despite the fact that camping is unlikely this year (don’t ask), and kayaking will be a logistical struggle, I decided to buy a...
  12. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

The only ID tag is a label on the side windows. That just tells me who made the side windows. :p Given the angle of the sides compared to the cab, it doesn’t appear to have been made for my ‘92 Ranger, but it fits. (If I knew who made the cap, I’d be trying to get a rear window, which is...
  13. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Hah! I have no idea who the manufacturer is, and it appears to be a black canopy brush-painted to “match” the truck. It has a two-layer roof, so I’m going to assume there’s some kind of foam insulation in there. Not drilling that, no way. there were brackets screwed to the sides at the corners...
  14. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I made a roof rack I bought on clearance three cars and ten years ago fit my canopy! Best $60 I’ve ever spent. (Gonna take some work to get the bike and kayak fixtures to work with a six foot spread, though.)
  15. New Member, Low Dollar Truck

Isn’t everything up to ‘92 1st Gen? Or does the facelift count? Either way, it’s my favourite look for the Ranger. For the record, I used to own my Ranger’s granddaddy:
  16. New Member, Low Dollar Truck

Hello all, I just picked up a beater Ranger for camping/kayaking. Don’t expect any cool build threads, ‘cuz this truck ain’t goin’ down that road. ’92 2WD 3.0 L (I wanted a 4 cylinder, but you can’t be picky AND cheap). It has my favourite stock rims, although they’re a) not too pretty and 2)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad