• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4X4XFD

Stock wire gauge alt to battery

2002 FX4 4.0L, auto trans. What is the stock wire gauge size between the battery and alternator and grounds? I've upgraded to a 160 amp alternator and need to determine what gauge additional wire (in parallel with stock) wires I need to add to handle the higher output alt. I'm guessing the stock...
  2. 4X4XFD

High mileage auto tranny - change fluid and filter or leave alone?

2002 FX4 4WD (factory pkg) 4.0L, 5R55E tranny, L/S rear diff, elect transfer case. I bought the truck used. Had just under 70K miles on it and soon after getting it I had the local Aamco shop change the fluid and filter (drop pan, change filter, refill...no flush). It now has 152K and I'm...
  3. 4X4XFD

Eratic/hard shifting 5R55E transmission

Hi. A little background seems appropriate first. I bought my used 2002 FX4 in 2005. It had been a fleet vehicle and had 70K miles on it when I bought it. I took it to the local Aamco shop of whom I knew the owner soon after purchase and had them drain/fill and change the tranny filter. Honestly...
  4. 4X4XFD

Can I install a block heater?

Hi. I have a 2002 FX4 with 4.0 V6, auto. Have recently discovered a minor coolant leak. Appears to be just below the head on pass side. Don't know if it's something with the head gasket or the freeze plug I see just a little below the head, toward the front of the engine. I had a 1999 XLT 3.0...
  5. 4X4XFD

Hi everyone

I've visited this place in the past and decided it was time to join. Hi everyone! I do have a question and hope it's okay to start here. If it is better to post my question in another place please let me know where. I have a 2002 Ranger FX4 4.0L with factory tow hooks on the front and factory...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad