• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. OldMan89

Blower motor confusion

Thank you!
  2. OldMan89

Blower motor confusion

My truck is an 89 2.3l 5spd for reference. My blower motor is very intermittent. Some mornings it will come on but seems week. Some mornings it will blow adequately. But most mornings it won’t do anything at all. My work commute is short at about 15 to 20 minutes and Tennessee winters are pretty...
  3. OldMan89

Grinding help!

Yea I gotta get that fixed. I’ll look into the bearings. Thanks!
  4. OldMan89

Grinding help!

My 89 ranger has developed a “grind” over the last few months. It has gotten worse over time but I have NO CLUE what it is. I can’t feel it in the wheel or in the pedals. It first would do it when I was making rolling right hand turns, Then it started doing it when I get on the brakes a little...
  5. OldMan89

Cold weather idle

I replaced the iac and ect sensor when. I was trying to find my last idle issue. But I will check them both out again. Thanks!
  6. OldMan89

Cold weather idle

hello all! My truck is an 89 with a 2.3 out of a 92. Had sone really bad idle problems recently and finally fixed it with a new map sensor. Now it has gotten much colder and I’m just curious if this new issue is actually an issue… after my truck gets to temperature it still wants to idle at 1200...
  7. OldMan89

2.3L ('83-'97) Low rough idle…no CEL

Yea ford has discontinued the part so unless I searched high and low I had to go AM. And once the truck started to run with the new MAP it was clear that the new iac wasn’t a dud but oh well. It’s there now. May put the other two I have back in sometime to see if they work just for fun
  8. OldMan89

well it ended up being a MAP sensor… baught one from advanced and it fired right up and tan like a sewing machine. No misses, no fowl smells, no bogging down and falling in its face. Truck runs better now then it has the whole time I’ve had it lol thanks for all the help
  9. OldMan89

If it looks like I need to go that route I will get with you!!
  10. OldMan89

There has not been any fuel coming out of it since I’ve been working on it. I’ve checked a few times. Mechanic friend of mine said it could be the map sensor… I never thought of that
  11. OldMan89

Still no luck… everything I’ve done seems to make it a little worse or doesn’t change it at all. It starts every single time will shoot too 2500 and fall. Dies the first 2 times then it will stay running at about 1000 rpm for a minute or so then start hunting…goes too 1500 down to 700….goes to...
  12. OldMan89

Ok so replaced the IAC with a new one. Drove it around and got it to temp and when I got to a long stop light it was immediately apparent that it had no effect on the idle. It idles just over 500. Got it home and sprayed SF around the intake gaskets and the vacc lines. Still nothing…started...
  13. OldMan89

Just called my local ford store and it is a discontinued part from ford. So after market it is!!
  14. OldMan89

Cleaned my OEM iac and put it back in place of the failed unit and it helped for a few minutes. But still idling low and will stumble pretty good when I press the clutch some times. Guess it’s time for another new one. Any good suggestions? The standard brand unit crapped out in less then a...
  15. OldMan89

I really appreciate your help!!
  16. OldMan89

Definitely think it is running rich. I unplugged the iac and it really made no change. Mabey a little bit. I know I need to replace my temp sensor which I have read can make one run rich. I have it and plan on putting that in this weekend.
  17. OldMan89

Started my Dailey up the other day and everything seemed normal. Drove around 10 miles and stopped at a stop light and it was idling rough around 650-700. Took off and all was normal. Made it to a longer light and after a few minutes it dropped to 500-550 and ran really really roughy but it...
  18. OldMan89

Coolant temp help

the engine in my 89 is out of a 92 ranger. Inthrow a code for engine temp sensor. I cannot for the life of me find where it is. I can see the temp SENDER but not the SENSOR that has the actual plug. And help would be greatly appreciated!
  19. OldMan89

Oil pressure questions

Thanks so much!! I’m going to look into this!!
  20. OldMan89

Oil pressure questions

Thank you. I will try this!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad