• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 94 2wd V8 Swap, need some guidance on springs

Alrighty, I have a 94 2wd that I put 1.5" Rough country leveling springs, as well as swapped in an explorer 8.8, and used the explorer springs. I want to be able to run 31" tires without it looking too lifted. However, I found that with the 1.5" springs it didn't lift it at all, and that's going...
  2. 97 EFI into a 94, won't start after swap.

Everything I have found says it's only 98+. The vehicles vin says it's a 97, but I have gt40P heads. It certainly sounds like that could be the problem.The pcm number is xdt2
  3. 97 EFI into a 94, won't start after swap.

HI there, I put a 97 explorer 5.0 in my 94 ranger. I used a wiring diagram off of classic broncos to help wire up the 97 pcm into the ranger, as well as using the wiring manuals for the explorer. The issue that I'm running into now, is we have 12v to everywhere that should have 12v, and have...
  4. No crank after explorer swap

Problem solved, should someone ever need this for future help. Ford ran the solenoid wire through the engine harness plugs. There are two, a gray and black. On the black plug there is a pink wire on the truck side, this gets 12v on start. Cut this and splice to your solenoid wire. I'm guessing...
  5. No crank after explorer swap

No pink wire at the starter relay? I can't find a wiring diagram for a 94, I'm sure that would help things. I've been checking continuity and trying to find the wire that the r/b corresponds to inside the cab and can't find anything. I've checked the plug going into the cab and nothing. The...
  6. No crank after explorer swap

Right, I get this. I don't two red/blue wires at the c/s. I have 4 total, one is r/b, the other is pink. The other two are what I said earlier. I have 12v going to the r/b wire at the clutch switch in the start position. I don't have continuity between the r/b wire at the clutch switch and the...
  7. No crank after explorer swap

Still no luck. I bypassed the clutch switch at the actual CS and still no luck. I have two other wires, a LB/Y which is input from the pcm and a GY/R which is output to the engine controls, according to the diagram i'm using. I cut the red power wire going to the ecu to power the explorer ecu...
  8. No crank after explorer swap

This helps alot! I will take a look at it tonight and see what I can come up with. Thanks!
  9. No crank after explorer swap

I have power in the truck when I turn the ignition to acc. I did not swap on the v8 fusebox. If I jump the terminals the starter will spin.
  10. No crank after explorer swap

I put a 97 explorer 5.0 with a m5r2 into my 94 5 speed 2wd. This may be a dumb issue, but I'm having trouble figuring out. I don't currently have the pcm and engine harness hooked up, but I figured I would see if the motor would turn over. It won't turn over. I'm not getting any power to the...
  11. Fuel Connections

HI all, I have a 94 ranger I'm swapping a 97 explorer motor into. I'm curious what others have done for the fuel connections. I have the ford specific fuel connections on both the ranger and motor. I was hoping the stock lines would reach the explorer connections, unfortunately, they're a few...
  12. Wiring help, 97 5.0 into 94 ranger.

I have a 94 2wd ranger with the 4 cylinder. I was thinking I had a 96, which would make the wiring simple, unfortunately that's not the case. I'm not terribly concerned with making everything work 100%, though it would be a plus. Would someone be able to point me In the right direction on...
  13. 96 2wd manual v8 swap. Just double checking everything before I get started.

Hi there, I'm swapping a 97 explorer 5.0 with a M5OD-R2 into my 96 2wd. I just want to double check my research before I start tearing into things. For the engine I'm using shorty headers with the convertible mustang mounts. I'd like put a cam in budget allows. I've thoroughly confused...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad