• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. scotts90ranger

In Bridgewater NJ for a couple days

Just got here today for work, be here till Friday at the latest, I know it's super short notice, made reservations last Tuesday, left on vacation on Wednesday, got home Sunday, worked Monday then left again Tuesday morning :) Anywho, probably too short notice to meet anyone during the week...
  2. scotts90ranger

Help identify rear cab window

Got this at an auction for like $3.30... figured I could use it or flip it. Initially thought it was square body Chevy with the bare aluminum color but don't think so with the round bottom corners that and my Chevy friend said it didn't look right and was likely Ford :). So at that point I put...
  3. scotts90ranger

RV siding repair questions

I've posted in the general area on this some but have a couple questions for those that might be more versed in wood work than I am... I've pulled the side of the thing, lots of rot, the layer of 1/8" ply is DONE so it's now almost all scraped off, I have replacement, still need to do some...
  4. scotts90ranger

Rainex wiper fluid and windshield coating

I know it's not as good as some options but I've been running it for the last few years with good results that is until I got my windshield replaced on the '97 Ranger... don't know what it is but the rainex doesn't work for beans and I have to use my wipers which is annoying... I don't know...
  5. scotts90ranger

Dome light circuit on '90 Ranger

How does it work? A couple years ago the dome light quit working with the passenger door, a couple weeks ago the dome light quit working with the drivers door. The light works with the headlight switch. I figured it would be the door jamb switch, replaced the drivers side switch and still...
  6. scotts90ranger

Future project planning, 4R70 4x4 to 4x2 conversion

I have a '97 Mountaineer with a 5L that I want to put in a '67 Mustang and kinda want to keep the 4R70 (don't know when they added the W, I know something changed in '98 as I was asked that rebuilding the one for my '00 sploder). So I'll need to convert to 4x2 which I'm sure I'll need a junkyard...
  7. scotts90ranger

Any actual way to reduce spam calls?

I get anywhere from 5-10 spam calls a day at least during business hours, not sure what I did to get on some lists but likely refinancing my home loan last year or when I was executor of my dads estate like 5 years ago... it's gotten worse in the last few months for sure... I refuse to screen...
  8. scotts90ranger

Tearing into my 5.0L Explorer engine, question

'00 5.0L Explorer with mildly upgraded 4R70W with 255k miles on the clock. I have several issues to work through like getting it to hold passenger side motor mount bolts on the engine block (many years of operation with broken bolts wore down the block, don't notice it with an AWD T case but you...
  9. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) '92 no start, has spark

The '92 2.3L Ranger I bought for parts earlier this year was sold to a friends son and they're trying to get it running. New timing belt, new fuel pump. When they first tried it would fire on starting fluid but had no fuel pressure, they changed the pump and got it working (bad connection at the...
  10. scotts90ranger

Why does Microsoft suck so bad?

Holy cow... every windows update lately has made Windows 10 slower and slower using up every resource available, I miss the windows 10 I got used to when it was simple and fast... other than the windows update part of windows 10, the guy that made it forced and decided when your "outside of...
  11. scotts90ranger

'97 F350 PSD clutch recommendation, now build and whatnot saga :)

Gotta pull the trans to rebuild it in the next month, it needs a clutch too, recommendations? Found these so far: CENTERFORCE SOUTH BEND Plans for the thing later down the road are stage one injectors and intercooler so around 300hp or thereabouts so not sure I need some fancy clutch twice as...
  12. scotts90ranger

Weak power steering on my '97 sometimes

sometimes the power steering is weak on my '97 (extended cab 4x2), IE hard to steer in parking lots when you're slowing down and the engine is at idle (mainly when it decides to idle at like 500rpm, maybe I should clean the IAC...). If you blip the gas it steers fine with more pressure. I...
  13. scotts90ranger

2.3L ('83-'97) Odd thought on the '97 for runability...

Ok, hear me out... the thing is always gutless when the underhood temp is hot, today on the way home just after it warmed up I stopped at home depot then it played it's normally game of being completely gutless with the outside temp high and underhood temps high, only noticeable in stop and go...
  14. scotts90ranger

Horrid noise in 5th on an M5OD, thoughts on my parts list?

Drove the '90 to work today and it'd been a while since it's been on the highway, I do remember it being somewhat noisy in 5th for a while but not that bad... sounds like gear backlash or something when under load, silent in the rest of the gears (didn't go into reverse yet today so not sure...
  15. scotts90ranger

Finding speaker depth is hard...

For years I've had two speakers per door in my '90, the back speakers are in the vent area, was already cut out when I got the thing so I'm not the first to do it... The problem is speaker depth, I had some walmart special speakers for a number of years but they're 1/2" too deep and the window...
  16. scotts90ranger

How screwed is my coworker's power steering pump?

He's got a '99 4x2 Ranger with a 2.5L. The front bearing is going out, he had a horrible belt squeak yesterday that he thought was the power steering pump so he ordered that and hoses but asked for a second opinion and it turned out the bearing in the idler next to the pump were toast. So he...
  17. scotts90ranger

Anything to know about a '11 Escape V6?

My brother is looking at one, it's flex fuel XLT 4x4 so I think that means 3L Duratec with 6 speed auto, 156k miles from a private party, going to go look at it tomorrow afternoon... Not in rust belt so that isn't an issue, will take my code reader, looks clean in the ad, so anything I should...
  18. scotts90ranger

Single DIN head unit with rear USB

I keep forgetting the stereo in my '90 is working when it wants only... it's only 11 years old, not sure what it's problem is... it's only been neglected and left in a humid environment it's whole life... I'm tempted to put the same Boss unit I put in my F350 but it only has front USB, I would...
  19. scotts90ranger

End of one of my daily driver era for me

Not the '97 Ranger... don't be silly :) I've had a '94 Geo Tracker since around 2011 (I could look it up but I don't wanna), got it for $1k, drove it for a few years changing some stuff here and there keeping it going, rebuilt the engine once (changed the block, it was cracked), rebuilt the...
  20. scotts90ranger

The life of my '97 Ranger

You guys have seen me post on this thing, started out looking for a cheap daily driver/beater and found a '97 extended cab 5 speed 4 cylinder Ranger for $450 on facebook marketplace that had a white door on a red vehicle and a bent I beam. Got it in 2019, went to the junkyard half off weekend...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad