• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. P0462 Code

From the top.... Restoring and almost done with a 2004 Ford Ranger XL with 107,000 miles. Replaced the badly dented pickup box with a Texas used box after restoring. While the old box was off I somewhat cleaned up the frame to a basic degree. Installed the new box. Life is good. I have driven...
  2. Seat / Steering Wheel

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this one too, but thought I would ask if anyone has come up with a clever way to beat this problem. I restored a Ranger I bought from my neighbor, and everything is now good and I am driving it every day now and REALLY like it. The only glitch is the fact...
  3. conflict

Hi.... With winter here I have been driving my 2004 Ranger. I added sandbags over the rear wheels for weight. I wondered if I had a limited slip axle and researched it a bit on this site and others and got some good information. Today I took a picture of the door sticker and then tried to decode...
  4. Ford Ranger box question

Hi.... I bought a decent rust free Ranger box for my 2004 Ranger. Everyday I have worked on it for four hours and have the underside completely done now. It is undercoated and my son helped me turn the box right side up and I have been sanding at least two hours on it for the last four days...
  5. Ranger box/bed bolt question

Good morning..... my 2004 Ranger project continues with a newer 2005? Ranger box that I am restoring. It was in decent shape but needs a ton of work to make it perfect. The goal is to have all the body work done and the bed repainted by Christmas and then the restored box will sit outside...
  6. Antifeeze advice

Good morning... Quick question. The plan is to flush the 100,000 mile Ranger radiator and then fill with fresh antifreeze. For years I worked on GM vehicles that had issues with antifreeze, especially in the 3.1 liter motors.... the antifreeze ate intake gaskets. Is there any such issue with a...
  7. Spark plug recommendations

Good morning.... spark plug recommendations and/or spark plugs to avoid... please advise.... Here's what happened yesterday. Took the Ranger to my appointment at one of the metro's Ford dealerships. Nice people as you would expect. The purpose? To have the airbags inspected because of the...
  8. Anybody from the Twin Cities?

Hi..... help... I usually attend two swap meets in the fall in the north parking lot of the MN State Fairgrounds.... but haven't now for two years... I swear there were always two of them a couple weeks apart... but I have just spend an hour and found only the Roadsters swap meet on October...
  9. Oil Filter Wrench

Getting time to change the oil for the second time on the Ranger I bought last year. It is a 2004 with a 3.0 liter engine. I changed the oil initially when I bought it before last winter just because and found out all about the starter solenoid I believe, being too close to the oil filter and I...
  10. Tire Storage...

Where I live in Minnesota we have a storage problem.... I am looking into all possibilities and have two sets of tires for most of my vehicles... summer and winter tires.... right now I have two sets of tires in an Arrow metal shed but need the room in that shed. My idea was to buy two...
  11. U joints

Good morning.... I still have some noise coming from the back end and am pretty sure that it is the U joints.... and with 106,000 miles on it, the time has come... I have NOT replaced U joints in anything for over 30 years... probably closer to 40 years ago.... so I need a refresher and...
  12. New Ignition Key

Thought I would take a chance and ordered a key blank for my 2004 Ranger.... supposedly, you take this key to a good old fashioned hardware store to have it manually cut/duplicated..... and we have a fantastic old fashioned store near us.... So this afternoon I took one of the two original keys...
  13. Try try again?

My $500 project Ranger has been fun to work on... I have learned a lot and fixed a lot of problems all with the budget goal of not throwing in my billfold by doing all the labor by myself... I have the time. One of the issues I found when I was doing an oil change, was looking at the tie rod...
  14. Rear brake shoe size

Ok... I am overthinking this again.... but ordered new shoes through Amazon.... and they will be delivered on Tuesday.... but let the paranoia set in.... As I read the forum this morning some of the posts said that most Rangers that are 4x2 (line my 2004) are 9" drums/shoes..... Well..... I...
  15. Stuck in park

The transmission fiasco has escalated.... I have been putting it off but yesterday "it" hit the fan at he wrong time. I have a sloppy shifter linkage and have read all about this problem and watched several how to videos as well.... I did remove the plastic panel below the steering column as...
  16. Emergency Brake

I have a plan but thought I would run it by everyone first to see if I am missing anything or if there is an alternative... I bought a salvage titled Ranger with a host of problems to work on last winter; my project and the idea was to use this to pull my small boat trailer instead of using my...
  17. Shifter lever

From the top..... When I bought the 2004 Ranger, the gal I bought it from said there was one quirk..... If you turn the key, and the starter does not engage (nothing happens) simply shove the gear shift lever a little harder into "P" for park..... It is apparently then that the neutral safety...
  18. I was hoping

Finished the Ranger enough for a test drive... a few issues.... nothing serious... so I got out my trailer light tester deal.... and plugged it in the four way flat harness and tried the lights.... and I got nothing.... so I took the tester to my Chevy.... and plugged it in and it worked fine so...
  19. Paint prep

Good morning...... I am nearing the end of the paint prep (wish the MN weather would cooperate!!!!) and have removed as many peripheral items as I can... headlights and tail lights, cyclops light and there isn't much else.... all in an effort to avoid taping...... The one item I would like to...
  20. Spare Tire Mechanism lowering tool

Good morning... Will try to be brief... I needed to remove the back bumper to paint the Ranger (sometime in mid March) and as usual, found some more damage but nothing too severe.... At the same time, I wanted to check the spare tire and it was decent but I also want to make sure the lowering...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad