• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. YT-1300

should I buy this ranger? (Option 5)

Thanks! I joined this forum to learn all I could and you've all been a great help. I knew I'd lose out on a few waiting for replies, but Rangers come up for sale often enough that I'm sure I'll find something.
  2. YT-1300

It sold for $7000. The seller told me the previous owner was a "car guy" and had 4 vehicles, so this one wasn't driven much. He told me he is selling it because he has started a family and has sold his motorcycles along with this truck, which he used to haul them to the track. The search...
  3. YT-1300

Thanks! How would I be certain the mileage is correct? How would I check the clutch? Should it feel tight and engage right away? I usually get the truck going about 25 on an empty stretch, then slam on the brakes to see what happens.
  4. YT-1300

This is going to be used by my 16-year old son to drive around the suburbs to school and practice. It has AC and a radio and will hold all his gear. Simple is fine; less to go wrong. I think every Ranger I've looked at has worn door belt molding (lol).
  5. YT-1300

This one is for sale nearby: Asking price: $7500 61,745 miles 2.5L 4cyl, 5-speed manual 2001 Ranger XL (112" wheelbase) Ad text: Hello, I’m selling my 2001 Ford Ranger truck. It’s a 2.5L 4 cylinder with manual 5 speed transmission. I am the second owner of this truck. It’s in great working...
  6. YT-1300

Opinions on using Copart to buy a truck

Yes, I have. I'm worried about rust issues on trucks from anywhere that's not hot and dry. I've looked in AZ and places farther away from me in SoCal. It seems the hassle of buying one farther away is not offset by the price, though. Even many of the ones farther away are still priced high...
  7. YT-1300

will an Innova 3030 work for reading all Ranger codes?

I've borrowed an Innova 3030 CAnOBD2 code reader from a buddy to take with me when I go look at Rangers. Does anyone use this particular code reader? I was doing research into buying one, but I was overwhelmed with the amount of choices: Autel MS309 $18 basic OBD2 reader Autel ML619 $100 has...
  8. YT-1300

Here is California, I think you can repair the vehicle and get a modified title that still has the salvage label, but indicates the issue was repaired. I would be totally forthright about what I did to it if I ever sold it.
  9. YT-1300

should I buy this Ranger? (Option 4)

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate them. The cheaper trucks all seem to have over 250,000 miles on them. And they are not even that much cheaper; maybe $1000 or so. I need to figure out how to get them before Flipper does. How long do these trucks last? In other words, what's the...
  10. YT-1300

should I buy this Ranger? (Option 4)

As a few of you know, I'm looking for a Ranger. Here's another one from the same flipper who's shown me 3 other trucks: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/560113462136646/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks Note the dent in the right rear bed...
  11. YT-1300

Has anyone here used the Copart auction site to buy a Ranger (or any other vehicle)? It costs $60 for a year. I'm trying to get a Ranger and it seems there are many for sale by flippers who get them at auctions. I thought I'd skip the middle man. A video popped up after I watched the Copart...
  12. YT-1300

should I buy one of these Rangers (Option 2 & 3)

I agree, I just need to convince him I'm legit and not trying to steal the truck. I'd leave my vehicle there while I took his. I'd even consider offering a deposit in the form of a check as a good faith gesture. And buy gas! I'll probably have to have it for a few hours at least.
  13. YT-1300

Seller says he sold the green one for $6500. Is there any way for me to confirm what he's telling me? He has a bias in telling me he sold it for full price, since he's a flipper. I'll keep looking and posting!
  14. YT-1300

That is good to hear! The only issue I have with taking it to a mechanic is that my mechanic is about 30 miles away from where most of these trucks are. I'm not sure the sellers would be willing to let me take the car for a few hours. Any tips on how to convince them to let me take the truck?
  15. YT-1300

This is primarily for my 16-year-old son. He needs to get himself to school, practice and games. He's buying the gas, so a smaller engine could be fine. No 4x4 needed; we live in suburban LA! :) We do need AC and heat. I'd like something with a decent body/paint so the neighbors don't bitch and...
  16. YT-1300

Thanks! This will be added to the checklist I made from the buying guide on this site. I take Carfax with a grain of salt, but I do appreciate a seller being willing to share it. Repairs done right are acceptable, but I'm taking a chance and trusting that they were done right. These trucks I'm...
  17. YT-1300

That is a very good question! :) Whenever I sell anything, I do a little research and look at current prices on CL, Ebay, FBMP, and what it costs new. Then, depending on how fast I want to sell it, I price it less than everyone else. I usually use 1/2 of retail for my prices, with the exception...
  18. YT-1300

I agree, but I wonder if cars are like houses: it's all about where they are. Here in Southern California, we don't see a lot of wet weather, so vehicles don't have major rust issues. They last a long time, too, so certain people buy them for work trucks (think the ubiquitous gardeners) from the...
  19. YT-1300

What would I look for when I go see it in person? I'm assuming I look under the car for telltale signs of new parts, bent components, etc.? Anything in particular? I'm also not shy about asking why the bumper looks crooked. I was thinking the same about offering less than $5,000 and going from...
  20. YT-1300

I looked up the price on FB marketplace while awaiting his response to me asking how much he wanted. He texted me the photos. He told me he'd do $6,000, so the price went down without me even asking.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad