• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Stuck at 30psi

So I'm thinking I'm going to have to investigate some compression issues, going to try and run some tests this week. I'm going to get it out to the new house and see if I can't borrow an engine lift somehow if necessary. In the meantime, I have an old rav4 I can drive around. Might be awhile...
  2. Stuck at 30psi

Replaced plugs, wires, coil, O2 sensor. Still nothing. Nothing. I'm about to put a stick of c4 in this engine and destroy everything.
  3. Stuck at 30psi

I think it is running rich because my fuel economy sucks.. I think somewhere around 10-12mpg. Per Roert42, I'm going to take a look at the ECU today.
  4. Stuck at 30psi

The computer is under passenger dash, correct? Willing to give it a look
  5. Stuck at 30psi

It's crossed my mind, I replaced it about a year ago. I'll take it out and give it a look. Might be shot by this point since the cat was running so hot.
  6. Stuck at 30psi

I just did a bunch of "research" into it. Red hot is indicative of excessive fuel getting into the cat, accompanied with low power, unresponsiveness, etc.. multiple routes to causes from there: low compression/damaged valves (I have refurb headers, new valve springs/stems, new pistons and rings...
  7. Stuck at 30psi

So had some time tonight to work on it. Reseated and quadruple checked seating, checked plug gaps. Also, found and OLD, before-my-time o ring in the fuel rail.. wtf. Still nothing. Went for a 10 minute test drive, no improvement. Got home and did a full check of the engine and drivetrain. No gas...
  8. Stuck at 30psi

So funny enough, when I received the truck, there was this mess of 5 14 gauge grounding wires (4 black with green stripe plus 1 black grounded to battery) all mixed and twisted together with electrical tape. And I know through experience that if they disconnect, the truck stalls. I increased...
  9. Stuck at 30psi

Ok so I'll hook some jumper wires direct to the battery, per JerryC, and see if that resolves the issue. Can that direct connection remain? Or replace old wiring instead?
  10. Stuck at 30psi

Also.. fun, frustrating update. I'm in the process of moving 40 mi north of current location. Yesterday was the inaugural trip in the B2. Flooring it the whole way, could barely make 55-60mph on straight aways. A couple times as I would shift to neutral to coast, the engine would stall out. Was...
  11. Stuck at 30psi

I'll give this a try today. Any chance you know correct voltage reading?
  12. Stuck at 30psi

I replaced ALL lines yesterday with new 5/16" nylon while digging in there. Filter was replaced with new motorcraft too. No leaks and everything is appropriately tight.
  13. Stuck at 30psi

So I think the depressurized system was a fluke or one off.. I replaced ALL the lines with nylon 5/16" yesterday. Before doing that, I bled the system again, and lo and behold there was pressure. I replaced the pump with another brand pump I had, same with the regulator, and there was no change...
  14. Stuck at 30psi

I'm out and about for the evening. I'll give that all a test tomorrow, gaps should be accurate but I'll double check. But yes, everything is fresh, new cam too. Basically the block, wiring, and belt components are original. Most everything else has been replaced. This was given to me for...
  15. Stuck at 30psi

Do you have some new, cool ones I haven't heard yet? 😄
  16. Stuck at 30psi

1. Yes, but only 1-2psi 2. 10btdc is base, but I'm in Colorado so I have it set at 12 degrees 3. Yes 4. Exhaust is all new.. manifolds, cats, muffler
  17. Stuck at 30psi

Well. It's not the regulator, I replaced with a gp Sorenson brand and made no difference.. It's not either of the two pumps. The in tank was replaced two days ago, interchanged high pressure with an older, working pump, with no change. Tried blowing into the return line, and got full resistance...
  18. Stuck at 30psi

I'll dig into it today and report back. Thanks!
  19. Stuck at 30psi

It does not, but didn't specifically check.. I just noticed yesterday, when I first attached the fuel pressure gauge (has a bleeder hose) to purge pressure so I could replace the pump, there was no pressure to purge.
  20. Stuck at 30psi

No problem! Regulator is new as well. Made checks on it to make sure it was working properly. No leaks, no issues.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad