• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1989 ranger extended cab 2.9 reverse slipping

I’m going to assume you checked the fluid, but that’s the first place to start (in park with it up to temperature). If the fluid is to level and doesn’t look dark and burnt up my next move would be to pull the vacuum line running up from the vacuum modulator on the trans and seeing if there’s...
  2. Pulling out an intake manifold on a 2000 ford Ranger 3L

I found out the hard way when I went to pull the lower plenum then realized some Ford engineer really thought that was a good idea.
  3. Pulling out an intake manifold on a 2000 ford Ranger 3L

I know this post is a few weeks old, but in case it hasn’t been pulled yet (and for those searching in the future), be advised one of the push rods on the passenger side runs up through the lower plenum casting on the intake so that push rod needs to be removed. To access the push rod that...
  4. 92’ Eclipse, any other dsm guys on here?

And please don’t mind my fart cannon! It did have a bumper exit coming off the turbo and out of the side but I didn’t want to cut another bumper cover when I had it painted and while the bumper exit surprisingly wasn’t too loud and sounded good there was annoying things about it (imagine a pipe...
  5. 92’ Eclipse, any other dsm guys on here?

Love the Lasers, the 1ga like you had was always so much cleaner and simpler looking to me than the other turbo 1g’s. I would’ve loved to do a full 1gb Laser conversion on my car but couldn’t find a front bumper cover worth working with, let alone the rear, the tail lights, and the extra body...
  6. 92’ Eclipse, any other dsm guys on here?

There’s a guy out of Sylvania Ohio offering adapter kits, Bill Hincher at https://www.billsautofab.com/ if I recall his kits are to adapt th350’s to the 4g63 but he might offer others as well. I know there’s a handful of swapped D50/Mighty Max’s out there and they use a transmission from those...
  7. 92’ Eclipse, any other dsm guys on here?

Dug back for a few more photos since you guys got me started down memory lane!
  8. 92’ Eclipse, any other dsm guys on here?

Man that takes me back! We killed a good handful of head gaskets in the younger days but I’ve never lost one. Now that I’m older and wiser I realize when we were kids it was from cranking the boost up with no way to monitor what the hell we were doing just being dumb kids lol. I’ve actually...
  9. 92’ Eclipse, any other dsm guys on here?

Look up “K&N oil filter backing off”. Not saying this happens to everyone, but after it happened to me I found a handful of guys in the modular Ford world ran into this as well as others. I don’t blame the filter per se and I know it was tight, but I’m saying it was just karma for not sticking...
  10. 92’ Eclipse, any other dsm guys on here?

Since I’m getting ready to make a thread dedicated to the Ranger’s updates I figured I’d share what’s eaten up the majority of my funds for over 10 years now. I got it as a bone stock non turbo Eclipse GS in September of 2013 and it’s been through multiple phases since including a repaint with...
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) Forged Pistons vs Cast Pistons

Keep in mind cast pistons aren’t necessarily weak to ANY boost, when boost is in the mix knock (pre detonation) is what mainly kills pistons, not boost and cylinder pressure alone. If you were to decide to use the cast na pistons they’d probably live a good life if you were to tune on e85 and...
  12. Found! A4LD w/ 3.0 bolt pattern

I meant as in changing the bell housing is more work than I’m looking to get into as if I’m going to tear it down I’d just start with the rebuild of the trucks original transmission. I could be completely wrong but it was my understanding to change the bell housing on an A4LD pretty much...
  13. Found! A4LD w/ 3.0 bolt pattern

Being it came out of a 97 it would indeed be a 4r44e as 94 was the last year for the A4LD, being that electronics aren’t compatible between the 2 it wouldn’t do me any good but I do appreciate the thought.
  14. Found! A4LD w/ 3.0 bolt pattern

They do tearing the whole trans down and essentially using the case from another trans, not something I’m interested in doing right now. But you are right they technically do, I like the idea of using the 4.0 internals in a 3.0 case but also more than I’m looking to get into right now.
  15. Found! A4LD w/ 3.0 bolt pattern

I actually had a lead on one about 2 hours away from me through car-part, however they called me back to let me know they couldn’t find it (fair enough, appreciate them letting me know before I made the drive). I have an arrangement to pick one up tomorrow my wife found on marketplace so...
  16. Found! A4LD w/ 3.0 bolt pattern

Looking to buy an A4LD auto transmission from a 3.0 2wd truck (91-94). Primarily looking for a complete core as we all know there’s likely no such thing as a functioning A4LD just laying around especially in the year 2023. If you have a rebuilt one with solid proof of a rebuild and...
  17. Lurking for years

Sorry for the late response! That would be from the previous owner being it came from Detroit, I can’t say I’m a fan of any Michigan team (it’s an Ohio thing!).
  18. Lowering shackle

The shorter shackles will give about 2” of drop in the rear and are nice if you live in the salt belt and they haven’t been replaced in a long time, however for the price of some new hardware you can flip the brackets that hold the shackles and achieve the same 2” drop in the back.
  19. 94 2/3 drop

So I’ve done a little digging on the topic but answers are a bit vague and scattered. I have a 94’ long bed 2wd, during the off months when it’s put away I plan to lower it a bit. As much as I’d like to do dream beams the cost would be a bit up there for what I’m looking to do and a 3/4 drop...
  20. Lurking for years

Thanks for the love! It needs a little more work, it has some rust bubbled up in the bottom rear corners of the bed that will need and of course will be addressed sooner than later but other than that it’s solid. Even at only 102k miles the A4LD is doing A4LD things and has since I got it last...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad