• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97 XLT 4.0 5 SPEED RADIO

This has an old Pioneer replacement radio which doesn’t work: just looking for suggestions for an upgrade: single or double? Don’t need CD option: don’t want to spend a ton!! Thanks! Judgejohnmd
  2. THERAPY TRUCK:1997 4.0 5SPD XLT EXT CAB 2WD

Acquired in Oct 22; redid entire undercarriage-1 1/8 sway bar; all new steering/stabilizer components; performance rotors/brakes with all SS lines; trans/cross member/driveshaft mounts; rear spring hangars & bushings(NEVER do that again!! 3/4” air impact for nearly a day; about did this 82 year...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) WHAT DOES THIS DO

What is this and what, any does rotating the knob have? Thanks! Judgejohnmd
  4. WATER LEAK FROM COWL??!!

Do you think perhaps this might have caused water to come into the cab from cowl? Used small vac hose with a .22 cleaning rod taped to it: pulled all this out of the cowl!!! Judgejohnmd
  5. MY 97 XLT 4.0 EXTENDED CAB THERAPY TRUCK

So! After cupla months working at least part of almost every at a friends garage on this truck, with 208K miles, which had sat for at least 5 years-entire undercarriage rusted: calipers/brakes & lines/spring hangers: bad bushings everywhere: sway bar almost rusted thru: new fuel pump &...
  6. TRAN/DIFF ADDITIVES

Getting ready to flush & fill my 97 4.0 5 speed with 8” rear: any recommendations for additives, or just run ATF & Gear Oil? Thanks! Judgejohnmd
  7. 1997 XLT 4.0 ADD TACH

My 97 4.0 5 speed has no factory tach: I’d like to replace dash with a factory dash speedo/tach combo: just curious if this is feasible, and whether my wiring already has the necessary tach wiring/plugs, perhaps??!! Thanks! Judgejohnmd
  8. ANY IDEA WHAT THIS IS??!!

This was stuck on side of the fuse box in engine compartment: woven copper wire ran thru brake opening in firewall, but was cut off inside: says “Silencer Model 591??” Any thoughts/ideas what it is; should I be worried!!???!!!😳👿😁 John in MD
  9. 66MM THROTTLE BODY SWITCH QUESTION

1997 4.0: if changing to 66MM throttle body would you use whole air intake system? Thanks! John in MD
  10. New VERY Old Gearhead

Been wrenching since I was 14: had cars/trucks over the years until I felt I couldn’t do the work anymore with modern tech stuff(had 1995 4 Wheel & Offroad 4x4 of the year): recently came across a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 5 speed which had been left for major repairs but never done, nor paid...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad