• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 OHV Long Crank in morning

Got a weird problem I haven't been able to pin down. Had this truck about a year (1994 4.0 4x4). Morning and basically after sitting or cooling down it'll crank about 5 seconds or more before it fires up and runs great. When running it runs like new. Another intermittent issue is if I run to the...
  2. Engine gets close to overheat with ac on

Got a problem that's driving me nuts. Got a 1994 4.0 w/a4ld. Runs great. Gets shit mileage but I'm on 33s with 3.73s. Anyways I'm in so cal and it's been hot. 100-105° ambient. Since it got hot whenever I run my ac the water temp starts climbing. Gets up towards the A or L in normal. I shut the...
  3. 4.0 crap mileage

Bought a 94' 4.0 4x4 with a4ld back in April. It DOES have 33's with stock 3.73's. Truck runs great as far as I'm concerned but I'm only getting 12.5-13.5 mpg and i feel like I'm driving fairly conservatively. I've had 4.0s with 33s in the past and don't remember them being this bad. Is this...
  4. Longer crank after sitting and shift issue

Picked up a 94' 4x4 single cab with the 4.0/a4ld combo. Great truck, 65k original miles. Only two issues I have is that 1. After sitting all day or all night the initial crank is about 3 times as long to start as it is when it's warm. I initially thought fuel pressure. 35psi with the key on 30...
  5. 2.5L ('98-'01) IAC for 2.5 (motorcraft/hitachi)

Does anyone know where I can find a solonoid type iac valve for my 2.5? From my research it looks like Hitachi or Motorcraft are the only way to go, but I can't find either anywhere. Can someone help me out?
  6. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2.5 rough idle while warming up

I recently picked up a 2000 2.5 manual ranger. Seemed to run great on the test drive. Motor has 197k on it and has reciepts for a rebuild at 176k. First day I drove it to work I let it warm up in the driveway while I made my lunch ran fine to work. Leaving work it didn't have time to warm up and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad