• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. TireIron

FREE! 4 14" aluminum rims with tires in MASS

Gone! I have the 4 original 14" aluminum rims from my 94 ranger with 27x9.5x14 BFG a/ts on them for free along with the matching steel spare. The tires hold air and have a little tread left but might not make it through inspection. All the rims are solid and straight although they have some...
  2. TireIron

Price out your SAS build

So this is a 71-75 EB D44 center. It has 75-79 Dodge knuckles and brakes on it to retain the 5x4.5 bolt pattern. $300 - 71-75 EB D44 with radius arms, brackets and spring buckets $210 - 4.10 gears and install kit and new bolts $335 - 4340 axleshafts and 760 joints w/fullcircle clips $9 - axle...
  3. TireIron

OH NO! Something big fell off my truck!!!

This fell out of my truck the other day. Then there were 2 of them look at all of that empty space I wonder whats gonna fill that space? Seems to fit perfectly Theres plenty of room when you cut most of the crossmember away Make up a trac-bar bracket Always gotta stop welding...
  4. TireIron

u-joint operating angles?

Is a 6 degree operating angle too much for a standard 1330 single cardan rear driveshaft to run at? I know spicer recommends no more than 3 degrees, but my setup is at 6 degrees and I don't want a major vibration from it. I have a little play in the slip shaft that I have to fix (if I grab both...
  5. TireIron

3.73 or 4.10 rears?

they don't have the 4 door in that one? I thought it was becoming pretty common.
  6. TireIron

3.73 or 4.10 rears?

Definitly get the 4.10s, the 4-cyl engine likes to be around 3000 RPMs for best fuel saving and power. The easier the engine works the less gas it uses.
  7. TireIron

which brake caliper piston material

The calipers I'll be using on the knuckles i'm using come with either factory phenolic pistons or upgraded steel pistons. Which would be the better choice? Obviously I'm sure the steel are stronger but is the phenolic a better choice for lower heat transfer to the fluid or is that such a minimal...
  8. TireIron

dimensions of ranger D35 outer stub shaft

can anyone with an extra D35 outer stub shaft take a few measurements for me? I'm looking for... 1. The length of the stub from the center of the joint to the end of the shaft. 2. The distance from the splined end of the shaft to the snap ring groove. and possibly... 3. Diameter of the...
  9. TireIron

Stay with full-time hub or convert to manual hubs?

On the D44 I'm building the knuckles I'm using are originally a full-time drive hub setup which is nice because it is very strong as the axle shaft is splined right to the hub itself, however I have since found that there is a conversion kit to use a milemarker manual hub setup. Price is not...
  10. TireIron

Which ball joint press kit from harbor freight?

So I'm trying to decide which ball joint c-frame press kit to get from harbor freight. I'll probably only use it maybe once or twice a year for ball joints or u-joints and I can't decide between these two. What are your opinions or experiances? This one is just the basic one they have click me...
  11. TireIron

Members By Location

This thread has been created to cut down on the number of “where is everyone from” posts and to give everyone a quick guide as to who their neighbors are. Having your name listed here is strictly on a volunteer basis as is giving a specific town or area for your location. Reply to this thread...
  12. TireIron

Selling in the Regional Forums

Just a reminder - for sale and want to buy ads are not allowed in the regional forums. Any threads of this type must be in the BST forums only. If you place an ad in the regional forums it will be removed and a PM will be sent. -Jason
  13. TireIron

This is NOT a Technical Forum

The purpose of the regional forums is to help you meet other members in your area and find out about local issues (lift laws come to mind, etc) These are not technical forums. If you are asking a technical question please post it in the correct technical forum, such as the engine or suspension...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad