• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

Smoke was around the solenoid area. The Orange wire was hot. There was a pop just before the smoke. The key was off. Only one orange fusible link.
  2. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

3. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

That's the way it came Brand New. I have never changed the relay. It's interesting to see that though. Maybe it would be a good idea to replace the relay and follow that.
  4. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

So I can remove that. Now I don't have to worry about where those wires go. My Choke is Vacuum controlled now. One less problem!
  5. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

6. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

The key was off. I'm going to take a look inside the truck where the computer was.
  7. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

What is the function of the (relay?) under the solenoid?
  8. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

In both of these photos there appear to be what may be fusible links. I hooked up the battery and there was a pop followed by a good deal of smoke. I could only feel that the Orange wire going to the ignition relay was very hot. I did not see any damaged wires.
  9. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

I disconnected the wires to the alternator andd hooked up the neg. cable to the battery and I had a smoke show. That orange wire to the ignition relay is Hot.
  10. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

All these wires were hooked up. I installed the starter and went to hook up the cables. I could not hook up the battery. There was a short. I experimented and disconnected the orange wire from the Hot side of the ignition relay and found out I could hook up the battery. But the relay would not...
  11. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

These wires are on the drivers side and go into the harness.
  12. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

up-dated photos here. Fusible link wires returned to duty. All the wires going to the ignition relay are just as they were when the truck was new. You alls ent me more info that I need to apply. Just wanted you to see where I'm at right now. With these wires hooked back up I am unable to hook...
  13. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

14. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

I'm trying. Got to figure it out. I'll be back!
  15. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

Yes...everything was fine before removing the computer. At first, I removed the wire from the starter. I was able to hook up the battery. When I turned the key I could hear the solenoid clicking. (Now)the Starter wire is connected and I removed the Orange wire from the positive side of the...
  16. 1984 Conversion 2.8 L

Points Distributor w/vacuum and New Carb. The computer is gone. Right now, the problem is wiring. I never touched the solenoid. Was having a Short that prevented me from hooking up the Battery. I removed the 2nd wire from the Starter wire post on the solenoid and was then able to hook up the...
  17. 84 Ranger Conversion problem

I had to settle for a Points Distributor. The computer and multi vac is gone. New Carb. I have a dead short right now. Can't hook up battery with the Sarter cable connected. Can't figure it out. Need someone to talk with. Help!
  18. 84 Ranger 2.8l. The computer is gone. Put a points distributor in it. I am so close to starting...

84 Ranger 2.8l. The computer is gone. Put a points distributor in it. I am so close to starting it. Problem is...The wiring. I have little clue what to do with all this wiring. Right now I have a Short and the only wire hooked up is the Starter wire. Can you please advise

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad