• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. lil_Blue_Ford

Any southern Florida members on here?

I’d post in the regional section, but thought more people would see here. Probably going to end up down there at some point for a few days and thought it might be cool to see if I can meet up with anyone. I’m not going to have transportation down there though unfortunately, so I won’t really be...
  2. lil_Blue_Ford

A/C compressor to hose O-rings…

I’m not sure what to do here, I’ve tried to search but haven’t had any success yet. For whatever strange reason, twice now I’ve bought a new hose assembly and run into this problem. Both hoses came with a bag of O-rings, but they are all round rings, not the square cut rings that go between the...
  3. lil_Blue_Ford

Saw a couple black bear this morning…

So how about a couple black bear strolled through this morning… Seen evidence of them before around here but this is the first we actually saw them. Two, roughly the same size. Only got a clear shot of the second one. I’m guessing 30-50’ away and 2-300# right now. Pretty cool really. That’s my...
  4. lil_Blue_Ford

ABS woes… 2000 Ranger 4wabs

So, my green Ranger, the 2000 extended cab 4x4 4.0 auto, had an ABS problem. The ABS would trigger EVERY time the brake pedal was depressed. I replaced all of the wheel speed sensors (both fronts with new bearings because the front bearings were going) and the rear axle sensor. Problem...
  5. lil_Blue_Ford

Driveshaft/rear axle/rear suspension issues…

So I’m almost done with getting my green Ranger project roadworthy and I hit another snag… A little overview: 2000 4.0, auto, 4x4 extended cab Ranger. I used a 98 Explorer as my primary donor (5.0, auto, AWD). Transplanted the engine/trans/t-case and converted the engine to a 2000. Also swapped...
  6. lil_Blue_Ford

2000 Ranger/00 Explorer electrical gremlins

So my green Ranger project is nearing completion but I got some electrical gremlins on the loose apparently. I’m having a little trouble getting my head wrapped around the problems. Truck is a 2000 Ranger XLT extended cab, auto, 4.0, 4x4. Swapped the drivetrain from an Explorer, a 98 Eddie Bauer...
  7. lil_Blue_Ford

5.0 wiring… 98 Explorer to 00 Ranger…

So I think I should know this by now, but I’m having trouble figuring it out... Engine harness was a 2000 Explorer and plugged into the 2000 Ranger. Don’t believe I need to do anything there. Please correct me if I’m wrong on that. My problem is that I ended up using a 98 Explorer...
  8. lil_Blue_Ford

Calling machinists and fabricators! Need help!

So I haven’t found a solution yet, other than one that costs a lot so I’m hoping to reach out to some fabricators/machinists and see if someone can help me out. Tried one of the few people I know that could do it only to find his lathe is down with an unknown repair eta. I kinda need this ASAP...
  9. lil_Blue_Ford

Leaf spring pack build for my 00 green Ranger project

So I had a plan, now I’m questioning the plan… Original plan was to take the Explorer leafs off my donor and split it apart then break down another set of Explorer leafs I had and cut the main down so I would have main, cut main, long leaf, short leaf, overload. So that’s what I started to do...
  10. lil_Blue_Ford

U-joint has left the chat…

Driving the F-150, pulling the big trailer loaded with my auction goodies and Blam starting out in first. Couldn’t get the bolts to budge on the other end of the shaft (bent the heck out of a 12mm 12 point wrench though), so I knocked out that U-joint, locked the hubs, yanked it in 4x4 and...
  11. lil_Blue_Ford

5.0 camshaft timing sensor stuff

So… working on my 5.0 swap and I’m a little fuzzy on how to do this correctly. Let me give a little information first. So I have a 00 Ranger (was a 4.0 auto 4x4, extended cab, power everything, etc. ideal swap candidate basically). Originally I was going to use a 97 Explorer until I realized it...
  12. lil_Blue_Ford

No sound… and some other issues

So it’s been a couple years since I really messed with computers. My desktop I had built back when started acting up, crashing and stuff about two years ago. I had a suspicion the power supply was on its way out but my spare was buried and I was busy. The on board sound stopped working before...
  13. lil_Blue_Ford

Happy St. Patty’s Day!!

Have a merry day but don’t drink and drive y’all :icon_thumby::beer::icon_cheers::icon_cheers:
  14. lil_Blue_Ford

What would cause a melted piston

So my 1992 Ranger (4.0 OHV) was running fine, no complaints at all until it blew all of the the oil out on the highway. Would still start and run (badly and loudly). Pulled it out and tore the heads off to find a piston melted. Pretty sure the 4.0 OHV in my choptop has suffered the same fate...
  15. lil_Blue_Ford

Model trains…

So who has them? I haven’t been able to set anything up for years now. Used to set up my Lionel, I have an old one and a small collection of cars with a decent collection of track. So have a pile of HO stuff, think I have 5-6 engines and a tote full of cars. Couple totes of scenery and track...
  16. lil_Blue_Ford

Tree guys, Arborists and Riggers… I have questions …

So we have a family friend who is a retired tree guy, but he hasn’t been much help, lol. He has a rope come-along thing he uses for pulling trees. I bought a similar one for my own use and he’s been helpful in teaching me some of the ins and outs of cutting and such. He has a pile of ropes...
  17. lil_Blue_Ford

5.0 EFI upgrades

So I have a more generalized thread on my swap in here, but I’m kinda done with that side of things and want to focus on the motor. I ended up with a motor out of a 98 Explorer and am trading the fuel rail and electronics for a set from an 00 so I can make things easier. The original plan was to...
  18. lil_Blue_Ford

Dash cameras

So I have kicked around the idea before and I had finally decided to pull the trigger on getting at least one if not outfitting my fleet… about 10 minutes before an accident that it would likely have been helpful to have one. So now I’m slowly recovering and back to the idea that I need a dash...
  19. lil_Blue_Ford

Let’s talk mice…

So once again the fight is on here. Seems in the summer around here it’s about impossible to trap a mouse. But fall and winter are an entirely different story. And every year we lose the battle, little @#$&*%=+ destroy something. Last year between my trucks that I put traps in and my box truck...
  20. lil_Blue_Ford

Orifice tubes

So I have done some searching but I still feel like results are inconclusive. What I’m working on right now is my 92 Ranger with factory AC. Naturally it had R-12 originally. Don’t believe it was ever converted to R-134a since there was not the common fitting on the accumulator. Some previous...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad