• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 93 ford ranger remote start install

thanks for the info - yeah, as long as the radio not getting power is normal I dont care much. The purpose of the remote start is to warm up the engine in cold weather. As for the park brake thing - yeah, I did pull the switch out and clean it thoroughly. But, its looking more like I need to...
  2. 93 ford ranger remote start install

Hey everyone - I wanted to take a moment to give a quick update. I was able to get the unit working. I kinda followed Robbie's advice - I started checking the afore mentioned wires with a meter and found a couple of things. I found that the park brake ground connection was faulty /...
  3. 93 ford ranger remote start install

Thanks for the pointers - I'll have a look at those next; I was questioning if maybe the connection for the hood switch does not have a good path to ground. I do have the brown brake switch wire hooked up, and it does behave / meter out as you described above. I'll try disconnecting some...
  4. 93 ford ranger remote start install

here is a link to the lackluster documentation for the remote start unit: https://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/viper/n4103v_2009-07web.pdf Here is what I referenced for wiring / pinouts for the truck: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/881.html
  5. 93 ford ranger remote start install

No, it wont even do that. The dash lights come on briefly like the unit is attempting to start the vehicle, and then it stops. In addition, I've attempted to "learn" the tach signal without success as well. I've got the tach wire for the remote start wired up to the tan/yellow wire at the coil.
  6. 93 ford ranger remote start install

So, I got an opportunity to do some looking around / checking wiring last night. I did move the start wire from the remote start interface to the pink wire at the clutch switch, and removed the "secondary start" ground from the unit as well. However, it would appear to be the same result - The...
  7. 93 ford ranger remote start install

ah! That would explain much of the weirdness that I've been seeing when testing - when attempting a remote start even with the clutch pedal pressed, everything comes up for a second or so and then it's like power gets cut. This is likely due to that secondary "start" wire going to the ground...
  8. 93 ford ranger remote start install

Thanks for the clarification about the "key in ignition" wire. I think you may have found my problem - I'm wired up to the accessory / ignition / start wires at the steering column & key location. On that note, I also noticed that there are 2 of each wire - 2 yellow, 2 red / blue and 2 red /...
  9. 93 ford ranger remote start install

Hey Ron, Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. To answer your question - yeah, I have the e-brake switch wired to the neutral safety on the remote start interface. I also found that the park brake switch was dirty and needed to be cleaned. Per your suggestions regarding the park brake...
  10. 93 ford ranger remote start install

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I did meter out the clutch switch, and found the wire that goes to ground when the clutch is pressed. I tied in and wired that wire to the "secondary start out" (20ma -) as well. I should also mention that I've attempted a remote start as well while...
  11. 93 ford ranger remote start install

Hello, I have a 93 ford ranger 3.0 5 speed manual that I recently attempted to install a viper 4103x remote start in. So far, I've managed to get the door locks / horn, parking lights etc. to work. However, when attempting the remote start, the dash lights up and relays click briefly, and the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad