• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. How do I find out what transmission I have?

My son has a 97 2.3 auto ranger. We bought a 99 3.0 for parts. Both are 2wd. will the transmission out of the 99 go in the 97 if we needed it? Just trying to take off everything we might need before I have the 99 hauled off.
  2. step side panel removal?

How hard is it to remove the drivers side bed side on a step side bed? We have a parts truck and the drivers side has some damage. I am wondering if it would be easier to go to Pick and Pull and remove a bed side if I can find one at the local yard. We are going to paint the whole truck, but...
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) P1443 code looking for new lines for purge valve

So my son went to take his drivers test today and we were about 2 miles from home and he said dad the check engine light is on. Plugged the code reader in and got a P1443 code. Unhooked the line coming from the carbon canister to the purge valve and didn’t feel if sucking any air. Picked up a...
  4. How do I know how bad an engine is locked up?

Back story. I just bought a 99 ranger with a 3.0 in it. 192k on it. The owner said his son was driving it and it quit and wouldn’t start. He took it to a shop and they said the motor was locked up. If you pull the dipstick the oil is old but not milky and radiator has coolant and so does the...
  5. to change the fluid or not?

My son bought a 97 4cyl auto ranger. I am pretty sure the fluid has never been changed. It is pretty dark. I have heard for years if it wasn't ever changed not to do it. Then I have read to change it. What do you guys recommend?
  6. Think I can save it?

This is the bed side of my sons 97. I’ve been looking for a used bed but I’m having trouble finding one that isn’t beat up or rusted out. There is a small amount of rust over the wheel well but it’s the only rust on the whole truck. I’m not a body man but my grandfather owned a body shop when I...
  7. 97 needs a new bed

We need a new bed on my sons ranger. It’s a 97 short bed. Looks easy enough to get off my question is will any short bed fit? Like would an 04 fit? Only issue I can really see is would the tail lights plug in?
  8. 97 dome light questions

So on my sons ranger the dome light doesn’t come on when you open the door or roll the switch up on the dash. But I can push the lever either way and the light comes on. Also it doesn’t chime when the door is open or you leave the keys in it. I’m not sure if it is supposed to or not? Any ideas...
  9. new head unit advice

Helping my son get his first truck around and needing to upgrade the head unit. looking for blue tooth and apple car play and touch screen. Ability to add a back up camera would be nice. Also might as well put some new speakers in. I don't have much experience doing this stuff so not sure what...
  10. Headlight suggestions

My son just bought a 1997 2wd 4cyl regular cap ranger. We live in the country and one of the headlights is burned out and it was holding water. Are any of the replacement clear lenses any good? Trying to find some new lights to make the little truck look better and have some good lights. My son...
  11. Need wheel and or tire suggestions

Hello, New guy here. My son just bought his first truck. A 1997 Ranger, it is regular cab short bed 4cyl automatic. It is going to need some tires and I see the 14" tires are pricey. I would like to get him some tires for his birthday but I was wondering about some newer rims. Maybe even a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad