• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1st generation Rangers considered classic/vintage?

Wondering what the consensus is on the 1st gen Rangers, Bronco II and Explorers being vintage or classic vehicles. As an OFG (Boomer), my idea of vintage/classic has been pre mid 70’s. But time marches on! What’s your vote and the generation you identify with? (Boomer, Gen X, Millennial, etc)...
  2. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

FYI to anyone looking at the tires. Discount tire direct has some promos. They have the Cooper Disoverer A/T3 LTX in 31/10.5-15, buy 4 and get a $100 rebate in the form of a Visa gift card. Also some tires have a $110 instant rebate for a set of 4, including Toyo and some other brands. And as a...
  3. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

My long term plans will likely include all the above as those part become available for a budget minded price. In the short term, I will use what I have. Just need to find a donor truck with the goodies I need. The search is on….
  4. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

Good info on the wheels, I hadn’t giving the practical aspect of changing wheels much thought. Concerning tires, they will be a compromise between my off road desires and my on road driving needs in snowy, wet and dry conditions I will use the truck on most of the time. And the Discoverer A/T3...
  5. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

I like the price, but I’m looking for closer to 31”. Closest metric size is 265/75R15.
  6. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

I’m really liking the specs on the Cooper A/T3 4S compared to A/T3 LTX for my intended usage. If my intentions were to use it more off road then on road, the LTX would be my choice. Now just need to find the best price….. all that I have found are right at $196 ea. Discount Tire Direct does...
  7. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

Good ideas to work with. Eyeing the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 4S. They look like the best all around for my intended usage. $196 each about the going rate, best I can tell.
  8. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

Made in USA made is definitely a consideration for me. Toyo is a Japanese company that makes many of their tires in the USA, including their off-road/A/T tires. Cooper a USA company that still makes tires in USA. I can appreciate that.
  9. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

Not a bad price. Been looking around and found these: https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/toyo-tire-open-country-a-t-iii/p/88596 P-metric size 265/75R15 specs pretty close to 31/10.5R15. With military discount, they are little over $200 each, delivered. Any experience with Toyo Open...
  10. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

Bilstiens mighty proud of their shocks, but it only hurt once! Been very happy with installs on my personal vehicles. I will check out the BlackMax shocks, but I’m likely to go with Bilsteins.
  11. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

Nobody local for the springs, 3.5 hours minimum travel. So likely be buying online. I agree with the Moog comment. Always my choice in past, but like most other companies, they have sold out their values to make a few extra $$, their name means little anymore. Did you need to change the shocks...
  12. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

I did find a place that sells UHMW-PE pucks in almost any size you may need. I submitted an inquiry asking for more info. Mikellis Body Lifts is the name. They sell on eBay also. I would have posted link, but not sure if allowed.
  13. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

Concerning HD springs, any recommendations for a source and/or part numbers? And would I need a separate leveling kit to make it look right?
  14. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

I order my tires online and mount/balance myself. Got real tired of paying $50/tire locally for that. Small rural town with limited options and a take it or leave it attitude of many local businesses forces me to do everything I can my self.
  15. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

Shows my lack of knowledge as far asRangers goes! Most if not all of our Super Duties I worked on used vacuum to operate the front hub locks. Thanks for clearing that up.
  16. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

Door tag indicates an 8.8” rear with 3.73 limited slip. I was happy to see that as it save me from a gear change or other updates to diffs, and brakes should be good to go. Just inspect and repair if needed. That should leave some room in budget for Bilstien shocks all around!
  17. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

Having spent 30 years as a mechanic for a large utility with a lot of super duty’s, I have mixed feeling on them. Some of our linemen could break anything, so either type was fair game for destruction. But the auto hubs were more fussy to keep them operating properly. Lot of “no 4x4” calls with...
  18. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

I was leaning towards 31’s, as they will fit stock. But, I don’t mind doing a 4” lift and going a little bigger. will 31’s fit the stock wheels?
  19. 1992 4x4 daily driver low budget build

Haven’t found any yet in NV. All mine in past came from Cali, but relocated to NV in 2016. still looking for place todo some fruitful prospecting. W

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad