• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1986 Bronco II 2.9 code 18

On my original post. I removed the Spout Connector and cleaned the contacts as suggested, reinstalled the connector and the rough Running stalling problem is no longer happening. It seemed the connector came apart very easily and reinstalled with a satisfying click so I think it had become loose...
  2. 1986 Bronco II 2.9 code 18

Thanks for your responses. I will try to follow your directions. Once I had replaced the TFI module and the problem continued I suspected the pickup in the distributor so I had the whole distributor replaced. Still the problem persists. So it would appear, per your advice, the problem must lie...
  3. 1986 Bronco II 2.9 code 18

The problem occurred with the old OEM distributor. The new distributor has the same issue as before. I have the “old” original distributor. I will check it out more thoroughly. I initially had the Ford dealer replace the ignition module on the original distributor with a Motorcraft module. It...
  4. 1986 Bronco II 2.9 code 18

The car starts and runs perfect until it warms to operating temp. It then lacks power and won’t stay running. Let it cool down and it starts and runs fine until it warms and symptoms repeat. Got a code 18 with code reader on KOEO. This is a stock BII 2.9 Automatic. 186,000 miles in the last...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad