• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 14TR

3.0 sho in 4x4 99 ranger

The other thing, to your point of replacement service parts etc, I have an engine run stand I’m finishing up. Even if the measurements work out not too bad, I need to ensure this engine actually runs and isn’t toast (the guy my buddy got it from claimed it was from a good running but wrecked SHO...
  2. 14TR

3.0 sho in 4x4 99 ranger

I’ll let you know man! I’m not delusional on this one, I want the thing racing as I’ve already wasted years and always putting the races on the back burner, so if it turns out to be a royal pain, I’ll immediately go back to the 2.3T swap. Worth looking into a bit more though before I put this to...
  3. 14TR

3.0 sho in 4x4 99 ranger

I’m going to still do some measuring and see just how far off things are. I read every post of the other build thread that was linked. 1000% agree it’s more work than the 2.3 turbo swap I had originally intended. The only initial allure of the sho swap was that it’s unique, I have access to the...
  4. 14TR

3.0 sho in 4x4 99 ranger

Lots of good honest feedback guys, I really appreciate it. A few things you brought up I hadn’t considered. IF I do attempt the swap I’ll use the mega squirt for the engine. The guy I bought the ranger off of has a supposedly good condition m5od for another rusted out 3.0 ranger he had there, so...
  5. 14TR

3.0 sho in 4x4 99 ranger

Ok I don’t want to be “that guy” talking about all these different swaps and not accomplishing any of them, but here’s the deal… For the last 15 years I’ve planned on swapping a 2.3turbo out of a thunderbird turbo coupe into a bronco 2 for the type of racing we do (I had started a thread on it...
  6. 14TR

Bronco II 2.3 turbo racer

Well picked up the ranger today! 99 supercab, 3.0 auto. With any luck maybe I can get the very beginning of the project going as soon as next week. Now that I ended going Ranger maybe this thread needs to be moved too 🤔 here’s a pic or two. Not pretty, but good for a racer, and the frame is...
  7. 14TR

a lot of the guys who race this type of event, especially the higher class quicker machines, use hand brakes for those hairpin type turns. My guess is this wouldn't be as effective, but would largely have the same effect and be cheap as hell and easy to do. Pressing the button would be...
  8. 14TR

I'll keep it in mind about the M5OD, I know it's supposed certainly be better than the FM transmissions. I actually can see the Vacuum hubs being useful potentially, by using a momentary push button on the shifter to control a vacuum solenoid for 180* turns etc. Once you get the ass end around...
  9. 14TR

Thanks for the input. I am leaning toward using the FM145 as well. My logic being its not a drag vehicle launching on pavement, so hopefully the "looseness" of the dirt and mud helps keep it alive for the time being. The more I research the more I'm thinking the SLA has more pros than cons too...
  10. 14TR

Well guys I've been slowly looking into getting this swap started on the racer. I went a month or two ago to my buddy's house where the bronco is sitting to look things over and yeesh... I don't remember it being so beat. Don't get me wrong, these racers don't need to be pretty as they get...
  11. 14TR

What Shran said. I was fortunate my bronco had the fm146. I was able to score a 2.3 bellhousing from a member on here for a very good price
  12. 14TR

Hats for big heads

I feel your pain. And to top it off I’m only 5’9” and average build so my big ass head looks extra big on my frame haha. My wife has a big head too. Our daughter and son both have giant heads and when they go to the pediatrician they show you the growth chart. Their heights and weights are in...
  13. 14TR

Hopefully I can link this video. It’s titled as Tuff Truck but it’s not. It’s the EC4WDA we race. In fact I was there, but just spectating for that one
  14. 14TR

Basically no restrictions on suspension or style. It’s usually the guys with the coin have these giant coilovers with remote fox reservoirs, 4 link rears, etc. Not to say that always wins, but certainly it’s an advantage. I’m going to see if I link a video from one of the actual events from...
  15. 14TR

See this is the info I need! I have built a lot of vehicles in my time and am good with engines, electrical, etc. but to be honest I don’t know much about off road suspension. I was always under the impression TTB was good for long travel and jumps etc. I assumed it handled turns well too.
  16. 14TR

Hi all, I made reference to it in my introduction thread but I’ll give some more details as I’m open to suggestions from all of you. I’m starting off with a stock 87 B2 that is currently equipped with the 2.9 and FM145 (or possibly the 146, not certain from memory). The racing we do is EC4WDA...
  17. 14TR

Favorite Holiday Movies

A Christmas story has to top the list. The sequel that came out a year or two ago is surprisingly good. My 6 year old daughter has watched it almost daily this month. The ending made me legitimately tear up haha. My wife insists the kids are too small, but I loved Gremlins when I was my...
  18. 14TR

Hello from PA

I can’t promise it’ll happen quickly, but it will happen! Will probably be a decent guideline but not a step by step since this vehicle is a racer so no concern for A/C, not using the EEC-IV, no glass, no interior to speak of, exhaust will be little more than a 2 foot long down pipe, etc
  19. 14TR

Hello from PA

Hi all. I have an 87 Bronco II that has been setup for off-road racing (EC4WDA if anyone is familiar). My friends have raced that style of racing with their Jeeps etc for 30-40 years and I have on and off usually just using one of their racers. My one buddy had this bronco setup about 15 years...
  20. 14TR

For Sale Fm145 parts, 2.3 bellhousing,BW 1350 transfer case

Bought the bellhousing from 87RangerXLTct. Great guy to deal with and fast shipping! Thanks!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad