• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. White_4x4Ranger

Car audio brands- what's junk, whats good enough?

I recently put a Boss HU in my 03 Ranger and it is great, I got it on sale at Walmart for like $100 bucks and it has Apple CarPlay and a 7" screen. I also have some Pioneer 6x8's in the front doors, also from Walmart. The rear speakers are stock, and given the head unit can supply 85 watts I'm...
  2. White_4x4Ranger

Lean Code, P0171

maybe do a fog test.
  3. White_4x4Ranger

I Know, It's an EV

Thats the first ev that has actually peaked my interest by looking cool. I say that because I've seen tesla 0-60 times and thought, "wow, that's stupid fast, That could be cool to experience". I hope that makes sense.
  4. White_4x4Ranger

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

215k minimum, I'd bet she'll get another 300k or so
  5. White_4x4Ranger

I figured it was something like that. Thanks
  6. White_4x4Ranger

I hear that they give you 4 brakes for redundancy, you really only need 2, even 1 if you like to live on the edge
  7. White_4x4Ranger

what does the torx nut do? does it like hold some transmission internals in place?
  8. White_4x4Ranger

What did YOU do today?

lol. I meant a full-blown post on the entire installation, but if you guys want a post on how to blow rear speakers I might be able to make that happen.
  9. White_4x4Ranger

What did YOU do today?

I installed a new head unit in my truck, a 2003 Ranger XLT Supercab. It sounds really good and I like the backup camera and the Apple Carplay. FYI though, if you are going to do this, make sure you buy a dash kit before starting the installation. I didn't. I was still able to get the head unit...
  10. White_4x4Ranger

Which 4.0 engine is preferred, the OHV or the SOHC?

Yep, the oil was definitely thicker lol. It took a little effort to move the stick shift, which isn’t too surprising. I would have thought the passenger one was hard to get to given that it’s at the back of the engine, in that the driver side tensioner was the easy one. I guess you never know...
  11. White_4x4Ranger

Not sure if it was going on before I got the truck last December. I first noticed it early-mid January when it got really cold (below 0* F) for a week or two. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but I thought I’d mention it anyways.
  12. White_4x4Ranger

I have a 03 4.0 SOHC manuel that has 187k miles and to the best of my knowledge has never had the tensioners done. I bought the truck last December from an older couple who babied the truck (oil changes done every 5k miles, etc), so I have a little hope they got the tensioners done, but I don't...
  13. White_4x4Ranger

4.0 sohc feels low on power

Yep. Don't get me wrong, Cali is beautiful, but the politics and policies aren't ideal. I live in eastern Washington so I don't have any emissions crap to deal with thankfully.
  14. White_4x4Ranger

4.0 sohc feels low on power

Thanks. It actually was a clogged exhaust. What happened was the 3rd cat broke apart for some reason, and all the little particles from #3 flowed down with the exhaust and clogged up #4. To fix it I had the 3rd cat replaced with a universal Magnaflow and the 4th cat was cut out and had a...
  15. White_4x4Ranger

Off road bumpers??

I just started another shop class a couple of weeks ago when the 2nd semester started. Right now we doing a small engines unit but we should be starting a welding one soon. I'll talk to my teacher and see what he thinks. As of now, we are on good terms as I am one of the few kids in his class...
  16. White_4x4Ranger

Off road bumpers??

I've thought about that, but at the moment I don't have the money to buy the bumper and the welder, as I am in high school and have a part-time job. Not to say I couldn't save for it though. I like some of the Affordable Offroad brand DIY ones' and I like the customizability available.
  17. White_4x4Ranger

Off road bumpers??

I can weld, courtesy of highschool metal shop classes, but I don't have access to a welder I could use.
  18. White_4x4Ranger

Off road bumpers??

Hello, I'm looking for an off road front bumper for my 03 4x4 ranger. Any suggestions? I've looked at and I like some of the Affordable Offroad DIY ones but I don't have access to a welder. I've also seen some on Amazon that look good, I'll link it below. Thanks Bumper On Amazon
  19. White_4x4Ranger

Screeching noise when attempting to start truck

I plan on checking it out tomorrow. I did notice some grooves on the top of the belt that don't look like they are supposed to be there
  20. White_4x4Ranger

Screeching noise when attempting to start truck

Ok. Could it have anything to do with a bad battery? It got REAL cold where I live last month. It was down in the -10* daily for 2 weeks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad