• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. CrashDriver

Bad Spindle Bearings & U-Joint

thanks for the info, that help page is what I really need.
  2. CrashDriver

Bad Spindle Bearings & U-Joint

Hey guys, I bought a 1988 4x4 ranger and am wondering how deep in I am before I start ordering parts; it came with a bad passenger spindle bearing, and both the passenger u-joints are completely shot. Is the spindle bearing replaceable? If so, where would be a good place to find one? Is the...
  3. CrashDriver

Downshifting from Overdrive over 55 mph

that's good to know, I was hoping that was the case. Thanks for all the info
  4. CrashDriver

Actually my truck is one of the ones that actually comes with a tac so figuring that out isn't a big deal; but that's good to know
  5. CrashDriver

Hi, I was reading through the owner's manual that somehow was still with my 88 ranger when I bought it - in the shifting section it warns you not to downshift from overdrive over 55 mph. I'm curious if there is a legitimate reason for this, or if it's just kind of a generic safety warning? If...
  6. CrashDriver

2.9 MPG Loss After Engine Removal

Thanks for the advice, I forgot to mention when I talked about the tps voltage that that was after I did the zip tie mod on the gas pedal - I also tested it just rotating the lever on the throttle body with the cable taken off and that was what gave me the 4.5ish result. It has a brand new NTK...
  7. CrashDriver

Update: Finally had the time to replace the fuel pump (the fuel gauge reads right now with the US motorworks pump) and after running it through a tank, my mileage reads 12.8 MPG. This was after driving with the hubs locked and in 4x4 through the snow for a while back and forth from work so I...
  8. CrashDriver

So I had to pull the 2.9 out of my 1988 ranger recently due to a hole in the oil pan (engine mount bracket somehow came loose, a rock got between the cradle and the pan, and then while offroading proceeded to punch a hole through the pan). I reinstalled the engine, and noticed that now when...
  9. CrashDriver

Hi, From NH

yeah, he got everywhere pretty decently except for the bed when you take the liner off. Although there are some spots where there's drippage that you can't see in the photos. I plan to repaint someday, but right now it looks pretty good from thirty feet away at fifty miles per hour
  10. CrashDriver

Hi, From NH

Thanks; and not at all, lol - the old guy I bought it from did most of the modifications on it and painted it that color himself. Don't recollect the name of the paint but I have the can and it's some forest-green type. The original color was the horrendous tan paint
  11. CrashDriver

Hi, From NH

I'm a new member, fairly recent reader, and this is my ranger, Kermit. 1988, and cleaner than he has any right to be. The interior is far from factory, however

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad