• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Camper shell repair help

I bought this 89 renger that came with a shell. I was thinking of getting rid of it, but I might as well take advantage and make the back sleepable for nice camping trips with the lady. Anyways, I've got a rew things to fix beforehand: The top of the tailgate had a rubber sort of seal or...
  2. Manual Mazda Transmission fluid and leak question

It looks like there may be a wee leak coming from my transmission. I believe it's an M5R1. The leak seems to be coming from the drain plug and maybe a bit from the fill plug. When I open the fill plug, the lubricant isn't quite level with the bottom of the fill hole. I have to stick my pinky...
  3. 89 2.9l V6 with ambiguous parking brake issue

I bought the truck with the parking brake disconnected and the parking brake pedal fully depressed. So I released the pedal today and pulled it hard to connect it. Now, when the pedal is fully depressed, the cable is tight, but the parking brake doesn't feel engaged. The truck still rolls with...
  4. Engine slightly revving while in idle

I've cleaned the IAC valve and throttle body. I also change the spark plugs and wires. My truck starts at a pretty high rpm. Hits about 1500 then after 3 seconds jumps to 17. Warms up to about 1400 then down to 800 after driving around a bit. But especially when it hits this lower range...
  5. 1989 rough idle and revving RPM

V6 manual transmission. I bought this truck recently and things were fine on test drive. I took it to get smogged and the mechanic said he wouldn't even try to smog it because the idling RPM was too high. I changed the oil and cabin air filter(there wasn't one). That lowered the idle rpm a bit...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad