• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 96 XL cheap install

I decided to order a Skar IX-8 anyway. Here it is beside the Logitech sub- pretty similar dimensions. That fit perfectly. I just had to trim some plastic for it to fit. It was a great fit behind the seat. It is 29" wide x 12.75" tall x 4" top depth x 8" bottom depth. It has a net volume of...
  2. 96 XL cheap install

It turns out I had nothing to worry about. I set the router to about 18k rpm's and it went fine. I proceeded to round over all the box edges too.
  3. 96 XL cheap install

I think I'll test another piece of PVC to see how it behaves. I used a file and sandpaper on the other end of the port inside the box. Hopefully the test goes well as the router would make a perfect round over in 10 sec...
  4. 96 XL cheap install

I finally had time this weekend to work on a sub box. Keeping up with my cheap theme, I am building it from 1/2" OSB scraps I already have. I have previously only used MDF, plywood and fiberglass for box building, so I wasn't thrilled at the idea. But I had to remind myself that it is just a...
  5. 97 XLT 4.0 5 SPEED RADIO

As for the retention clips, I had a similar issue with a new "non-name brand" deck. I pulled out the radio and bent the clips way in so when I slid the radio back in, it held tighter.
  6. 96 XL cheap install

I recently purchased a 96 Ranger absolute base model from a gentleman retiring at work for $350. Since that's basically scrap price, I couldn't turn it down. Being the base model, it didn't have a factory radio. The guy I bought it from put in a Pioneer CD player from the 90's and 2 JL 6x9's...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad