• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ScubaDive

rant: all manufacturers Carbo & Turbo

rant: all manufacturers Carbon & Turbo So I am in the market for a new/er truck and I am doing some research on what is out there. I seem to be coming across a lot about issues with Turbo, no madder what they are called (Eco-boost). Apparently they are prone to carbon build up, for Direct...
  2. ScubaDive

Looking for some insight

In the market for a new/er truck. currently have a 2008 ranger with 260,000km and I need about $2600 in transmission work done + we are expecting are first child, so need something with more room. Looking at F150 and came to one engine I know nothing about or even heard of : 3.5L Cyclone V6...
  3. ScubaDive

Hot air even on cold setting

So, long story short... I changed the blow motor resistor, because I was only getting the hi setting. Changed and fixed issue there... I was driving the truck taking the wife for dinner and even through its cold out I turned the warm / cold mixer dial to the cold setting and hot air was still...
  4. ScubaDive

fords F150 rear ends

Looking at the build and price on fords website and saw: Electronic Locking Axle Ratio & Non-Limited Slip Axle Ratio How proven is the Electronic Locking Axle Ratio? and from the stand point of someone who pulls trailers (boats and small cargo / No real off roading) what is the direction to...
  5. ScubaDive

2019 Ranger, Its back

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2019-ford-ranger-25-cars-worth-waiting-for-feature has this made it to the forums yet? I would was surprised there wasn't all kinds of post about this.
  6. ScubaDive

Back rack frame

I would like to build a back rack frame and one for the back tailgate section as well for my 2008 super cab ranger. Just a simple H frame style rack for my wife's paddle board and \ or my 15' canoe. I was thinking of just making it out Aluminum Hollow Square Tubing and bolt it together...
  7. ScubaDive

Changing out Spark Plugs

This weekend I would like to get a little work done on the truck. One of the things I need to do is change out the spark plugs. The last time this was done I had a garage do it for me as I had way to much on my list at the time. I can recall the garage mech. telling that the front 4 spark plugs...
  8. ScubaDive

Doing some Read on PCV

Found the follow on changing out the PCV would this apply to my 2008 Sport 3.0L V6 auto ? I am looking for Articles http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154900 also found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxnDWIV_aT8 also... does anyone have a part number?
  9. ScubaDive

Bring up the topic again. New Ranger any news?

Any news on if they are bring back the ranger to North America? I heard at one point that they were, bring the euro ranger over and calling it the Ranger F100 but yet to be seen. I talked to Sales guys I know at the dealership and he told me that, not a chance that it would be back, they want...
  10. ScubaDive

Oil level goes down just a small amount

I have just always kept an eye on the oil level, out of habit. I have noticed for the past few months that I'm adding a little 250ml - 500ml and that just a rough guess to bring it back up to the full mark, over a period of 2month, again rough guess. So I drive about 50km one way to work on...
  11. ScubaDive

changing out thermostat

3.0L 2008 is the thermostat in there with an 'O' ring or gasket and do you get a new one with a new thermostat? + do you change them out just on spec. or wait till there is an issue, not getting to temp or temp getting to high?
  12. ScubaDive

Beating a dead horse, but one can dream

I have been wondering, what ever happened with the rumors that the euro-ranger would make its way over here? Did ford just give up all together on the compact trucks, they had such a good run with the ranger then dropped it like a bad habit.
  13. ScubaDive

mixed answers about oil & filter

I have anked a number of people, who I figured that would be in the know and I get different answers. Q - Do you need to use a special oil filter for synthetic oil? Canadian tire does sell a FRAM Ultra Synthetic Oil Filter but can you not just use a reguarl filter. I went out and pick a number...
  14. ScubaDive

Doors Lock on their own

So I was waxing the truck last night with the wife helping me. This morning I went to take some stuff to the dump and noticed that when I pull the outside door handle (with all the doors unlock at this point) the doors will lock on their own???? the same thing seems to happen with the inside...
  15. ScubaDive

Spare tire under bed

Dumb question but just so I can sleep better I better ask. I took the spare tire off the truck a little while back and I was going put it back but I wasn't sure if it makes a difference if the valve steam is facing the road or up against the bed of the truck ???
  16. ScubaDive

ODB II compliant

I have a 2008 ford Ranger 3.0L V6 sport Have been looking at getting a Ultra Gauge and was just making sure that the truck meets the ODB II compliant requirments. When I look under the hood for that sticker I see one that says something like ODB: F II and there is one on the driver side door...
  17. ScubaDive

Is this possible??

Ok long story short. 2008 Sport 3.0L V6 auto Had it since new, looked after it. +-+-+ Clock wise direction - CWD Counter Clock wise direction - CCWD -+-+- This has been an issue since day one. So I understand that the AC turns on when the defrost is on so thats the last two functions on CWD...
  18. ScubaDive

How does this come out?

{can't get picture to work} I have not yet took a good look at it, but I was sitting here before work started and just wondered "hmmm....how does that section come off" Just incase the picture does not show up, I am talking about that tray \ pocket thing that sits on the hump just under where...
  19. ScubaDive

Bed Liners?

Ok so I was told to once and while on a warm day (sunny) to try and pull out the bed liner and wash down the bed then oil spray it before putting the liner back down. I have had the truck since new (2008) and its a factory liner on it. I have never done this for a few reasons but mostly...
  20. ScubaDive

All seems quite?

I once and while drop in to talk to the sales person that sold me my ranger, and the question I always ask is "whats the word on the Ranger, is it coming back?" really he always seems to dance around the question. I look for postings here and other sites, some people seem to think the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad