• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

well.... it was the fuel injectors. that or I knocked something clear in the upper intake removing and replacing it. runs great through trouble rpm. took it on the road and low rpm driving is a dream now. I do have some cold idle roughness still. I don't think that was tied to the lugging. on to...
  2. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

injector was correct injector. I bought another one to do some testing. swapped in, now two, brand new injectors. I'm going to do all the injectors in the next week or so. injectors I pulled the screens look pretty clogged. I checked for vacuum leaks. i'm reading 19 inches vacuum. I think thats...
  3. Intermittent Hesitation/Stalling and lack of power

I"m still trying to figure out what the fuel trims are telling me. for what its worth. my fuel trims are opposite what yours are for the banks. from what i've read there could be a vacuum leak or a fuel leak or a stuck injector. you mentioned new injectors. Might be worth it do some testing there.
  4. Looking for NEW manufactured 3.0l cylinder heads

I bought a set from autozone. I think used was about 300$ a head. and new was 400$ a head. I have run about 100 miles on them and haven't had any issues. I have did leakdown test and compression test and they are holding great. I can't remember on the flex fuel piece specifically. I thought they...
  5. Issue with ticking from rebuilt 3.0

Also it is really easy to not get the push rods sitting correctly on the lifters. I had to double check mine twice and turn the engine over to see that all the lifters were operating properly. make sure to double check the rods are square on the lifter.
  6. Issue with ticking from rebuilt 3.0

I"m not sure what you book says for adjusting valves. and rockers arms. I didn't see anywhere that there was an adjustment for rocker to push rod. There is just a toque spec for the rocker arms. two should be slightly loose even after torquing. I had a slight knock after head gasket replacement...
  7. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

Well i've done some more work but not much futher in the fight. I changed cam synchro and harmonic balancer. it did seem to lessen the issue but its definatly still there(1300RPM at stop) I did some more detailed driving analysis. It does appear to be more of a load issue. it is occuring at...
  8. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

you think this dent in the harmonic balancer is enough to throw off the balance? I changed wires and no change. I ordered a Cam Synchro(I figured it was probably due for it anyways). I'm really leaning to harmonic balancer. None of the parts i've thrown at spark system(fuel filter, coil, wires)...
  9. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

Well i'm not sure if i did exactly what you mean. I removed the small plastic Pcv valve. I felt vacuum from the hard plastic pcv valve. I covered the whole in the valve cover. and the PCV with vauum at the same time. i also had somone else cover opposite valve cover hose that goes into intake...
  10. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

idle 967rpm(still warming up, drops to 850 after warm) shrtft1 0-1 longft1 5.5 shrtft2 0.8 longft2 -6.3 2500 rpm shrtft1 0-2 longft1 10.2 shrtft2 0-3 longft2 -0.8
  11. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

no set in codes. i'm not even sure the misfire on cylinder 1 was associated with this. I had a leaking injector on cylinder 1 and replaced the injector(no more gas leaking out) so code could have been pending for that. i've driven about 20-30 miles and haven't got another pending code or set in...
  12. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

checked pulley bolts for the harmonic balancer and those looked seated well. replaced fuel filter. about 20% clogged. looked to be original filter. no change in vibration. I ordered a set of wires. If wires doesn't help at all, i'm left with balancer(which i'll go to next). After that cam...
  13. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

Also spark plug on cylinder 1 looked fine. checked spark wires to correct cylinders.
  14. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

I don't have an infra red thermometer. I replaced coil and no change. I called my brother to bounce some ideas. i'll probably try wires next. but i'm going to check that the balancer has the accessory drive with the 4 bolts fully seated. maybe I didn't get one or more of the bolts all the way...
  15. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

i ordered a coil pack. it will be here tomorrow. i'll give you an update then. if its not the coil pack. then i'm thinking harmonic balancer and ignition synchro. both are a bit more work to change. any thoughts on doing a test where engine running in vibration zone and removing spark plug wire...
  16. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

checked engine without belt on and vibration is still there.
  17. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

i've done compression test and leak down test. that was two weeks ago and before i took it for long drives so maybe I can check again. i was getting 150# on compression but it was a weak battery. its a free test(excluding time). I hadn't considered the fan and fan clutch being a culprit. The...
  18. 2000 3.0 has vibration/lugging between 1200-1500 RPM in gear and out of gear

I've done a ton of work to bring this ranger back. Replaced head gasket, timing chain, water pump, spark plugs and bunch of interior stuff. I got it all back together. it start fine, coming up to speed is fine. but if the engine sits around 12-1500 RPM in any gear i get some odd engine...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad