• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ThatRanger00

1984 Ford Ranger V6 2.8L 4x4 Starter Issue

just two bolts threaded into the bell housing
  2. ThatRanger00

I will probably do that tonight. I got home from school last night, walked up to my grandpas and he goes, "Well I got bad news for you" I said "what is it" he said my fuel tank has a hole in it so we need a new one of those but somehow he said he got it pushed up against the flywheel as tight as...
  3. ThatRanger00

sounds good. napa tested my starter and said it was good but you say they can test the flywheel or what
  4. ThatRanger00

awesome thanks. i will watch the video after school and let you know what I find out.
  5. ThatRanger00

Alright, I will look into it. was this on a manual too or does it matter? Sorry, I am still learning quite a bit, I'm 15y/o so still have a lot to learn. but also how does shimming it work or I guess what I'm wondering also is how do you shim it?
  6. ThatRanger00

I got a 1984 Ford Ranger V6 and when we tried to start it, the starter just makes this loud af grinding noise. the flywheel teeth are good and it has the right starter on it. the starter gear comes all the way out so I'm at a loss now. please help.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad