• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wanted Toyo Kogyo 4 speed

Looking for a transmission yoke for the Toyo Kogyo 4 speed. Need it for my mini-stock truck.
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Rear main seal

Has anyone tried this seal for the rear mains on the 2300 lima engines? I know it's meant for the later DOHC Duratech and would require drilling and tapping the block. I've heard some folks use it to stop rear main leaks but can't find anyone who's actually done it. My 2300 mini-stock engine...
  3. Wanted 8.8 drum brake backing plates

Converting my race 9 inch to the 8.8 drums to save some rotating weight. Looking for a pair of 8.8 backing plates.
  4. 8.8 backing plates

Anyone convert their 8.8 rear end to disc brakes and have two 8.8 drum backing plates left over? I'm converting my 9 inch race rear end to the 8.8 drums to save a bit of weight. Thanks.
  5. Toyo Kogyo 4 apeed question

I race an S10 with a 2.3 and the Toyo Kogyo 4 speed trans at my local short track. The shifter is a bit sloppy. Is there a source for a rebuild kit to tighten up the shifter? Thanks.
  6. distributor shocks me

putting a 2.3 mini-stock in my S10 race truck. using the Ford Duraspark distributor with MSD Blaster2 coil. wiring as follows from the module mounted on the distributor - top 3 wires cut off. next 2 go to plus and minus side of coil. Bottom wire goes to chassis ground. Motor starts and runs...
  7. B2200 tranny swap

Will a manual tranny from the B2200 interchange to a Ranger 2.3? if so, any problems making the switch?
  8. Flywheel / starter question

Are 2.3 flywheels interchangeable? Due to space limits, I'm trying to use a small starter from a 93 ranger 2.3 on my race motor. The race motor has a lite flywheel by 10,000 RPM. The bellhousing / tranny are out of an 86 Mustang 2.3 four speed. The 93 starter fits perfectly but will not...
  9. Lite flywheels

Anyone have experience running the lightweight (thinner than stock) flywheels/clutch assys on a 2.3 with a manual trans and an internal slave cylinder? I know there is a longer throwout bearing available for the externally operated release levers, but I know nothing about those trannys with the...
  10. 2300 Manual trans slave cylinder

Did any of the 4 cyl trans come with an external slave cylinder that operates the release lever? Or did all come with the slave cylinder/throwout bearing combo mounted on the input shaft? I'm installing a 2300 in my Chevy race truck and need a manual trans with the external slave cylinder if...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad