• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Potatoflinger

Truck stalls when put in park

For the past couple of days my truck (03 4.0 SOHC, auto) has been stalling when I put it in park. Some times it will just idle very low for a few seconds and then recover but other times it will just stall completely. It seems like it only happens when the truck is warmed up, but I can't tell...
  2. Potatoflinger

Sprayed in a bed liner yesterday

The man who owned this truck before me did some type of glass work, and he used the truck to haul large pieces of glass. Needless to say, without a bed liner the bed was scratched up very badly and was starting to rust quite a bit. I bought the truck almost a year ago and finally decided to get...
  3. Potatoflinger

Thrush welded muffler

Well about two months ago I bought the dynomax system and planned on buying a thrush welded muffler when I got the rebate from the dynomax system in the mail. A few days ago I got the rebate in the mail, so I bought the thrush welded muffler and put it on the truck yesterday. The dynomax super...
  4. Potatoflinger

Squirrel launcher

First off, If you don't like the idea of launching squirrels across the yard, you should just click the back button right now. I don't want to hear all of that nonsense about hurting squirrels, after all they are just rats with bushy tails. This contraption hasn't killed a squirrel yet, and most...
  5. Potatoflinger

PSP holder

I have a redneck contraption in my truck that uses one of those fm broadcasters that hooks up to a psp. I modified the broadcaster and made the antenna a little bit longer. Before I modified it the range was about five feet on a unused radio station. Now the range is more than fifty feet on a...
  6. Potatoflinger

Sweet truck

Every year my church has a car show on fathers day, and this was one of the trucks that was in the show. I'm 6'1" tall, so that should give you an idea of how huge this thing was. I also really liked the wheels on it.
  7. Potatoflinger

What would jesus drive?

I thought of this while I was really bored this week. I know it's not the greatest Paint production ever, but you get the idea.
  8. Potatoflinger

New exhaust and repainted grille

I recently put on a new exhaust, it's a Dynomax super turbo muffler with 2.5" mandrel bent pipes. Dynomax is offering a $75 rebate on some systems, so it was less than $100 for the whole thing. I really like the tone, it's just a little too quiet so I may get a thrush welded muffler soon. I...
  9. Potatoflinger

An interesting problem...

For the past month or so I have noticed that whenever I roll the passenger side window up or down it makes a weird noise. Tonight I had the time to tear into the door, and guess what I found? A for sale sign.:D I guess the previous owner of the truck had a for sale sign in the passenger side...
  10. Potatoflinger

Ranger vs. Dakota

Here's a cool video from Davidsfarm. He has a lot of cool car videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYyLRrvR39I
  11. Potatoflinger

My 2003 Edge

I Started looking for my first vehicle about 6 months ago, and shortly after that I stumbled upon this truck. I think I got a great deal on it, it was $4000, but it needed a little over $800 to pass inspection (brakes). I have some plans for it in the future, but so far all I've done is paint...
  12. Potatoflinger

Help with new subs

I just bought a cheap enclosure with two 8" subs. The box that everything came in said that it was a 350 watt system, so I just figured that I could hook up a 350 watt amp and I would be set, but on the back of the enclosure where you attach the wires it says that it is dangerous to attach an...
  13. Potatoflinger

Help with exhaust setup

I recently purchased my first vehicle: a 2003 ford ranger EDGE with a 4.0, and have since stumbled upon this web site. I love the truck, but I want it to be a little bit louder and to have a better tone. I have decided to use a Flowmaster 40 series muffler, but I'm not sure what size pipes to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad