• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Driver's side hazard light doesn't work (Both turn signals work fine)

The multi function switch replacement fixed it, thanks Uncle Gump! Found a new Ford one on eBay for about $50 shipped too. Not a bad deal. Took maybe 15 minutes for the job, dang wire harnesses are a pain to carefully separate.
  2. 1997 XLT 2.3l 2x4 Photos

Finally got her back on the road again, for now. Around 130,000 miles, Michigan truck. Had it since I was 16, first vehicle. In a few years, I'm going to register it as a historic vehicle in my state so I can use a period correct blue and white license plate from '97. Tires are improper (too...
  3. Driver's side hazard light doesn't work (Both turn signals work fine)

Good to know, thank you! I’ll shop around for one. The wipers sometimes kick in slow too unless I bump up the setting so I bet that switch is wearing out.
  4. Driver's side hazard light doesn't work (Both turn signals work fine)

As long as I have owned my Ranger, the driver's side hazard light doesn't work. Both turn signals, brake lights, running lights, etc. all work perfect. When I push the hazard lights button, only the right side works. The left side doesn't even illuminate on the dash like the right one does. I...
  5. Cranks but no start - PCM fuse keeps blowing

I know it has been years, but I believe it's important to update this thread. I had the no start Ranger towed to a local mechanic, and he sat on it for almost 3 years. No joke. That caused additional issues, but long story short, I recently had it towed from the shop that couldn't fix it to a...
  6. Cranks but no start - PCM fuse keeps blowing

My 1997 Ford Ranger with 130,000 miles died on me while driving. It would crank, but not fire up. A few weeks prior, it would lose power on the road and then the engine would surge back to life and all was normal until it would happen again. The CEL would blink when this would happen. It would...
  7. 2005 Explorer XLT wiring harness part no. for front airbag sensor?

I have asked this on an explorer forum but have not gotten any replies. My front airbag sensor for my 2005 Explorer XLT is corroded and broken and needs to be replaced (air bag code 42) I also have to replace the wiring harness as that is badly corroded too. I have already acquired the Air...
  8. The gun thread...

This that AR yours? Looks like it has a fun pin :)
  9. Power steering fluid leak from pressure switch wire connector

Hello, my Ranger has been leaking some power steering fluid for about a week now in my driveway. I popped the hood and found the little blue/gray rubber piece was popped out of the wire harness connecting to the pressure switch and you could see fluid was leaking out. I put the rubber piece...
  10. The gun thread...

Sweet! Now go make some machine guns with that SOT! :)
  11. The gun thread...

Here's my toys. I'll start with the two HKs. Now for the communist guns! Here's an AKM parts kit I sent out to have built. It's going to be a Christmas gift to my dad. :)
  12. My HK SL8-1/G36 Conversion (Pics)

This is my baby. Fires 5.56x45. The original SL8 receiver had to be chopped, plastic welded and steel reinforced to be fused to a demilled G36 rear section in order for it to look and function like this. It has a 12.5" G36K barrel with a permanently attached flash hider to meet the 16" legal...
  13. Driver's side seat belt buckle broke (Pic)

I have a 1997 Ford Ranger 2.3l and the driver's side seat belt buckle broke and appears to be unserviceable. I am assuming the spring broke on the inside of the buckle. It no longer retains the male end of the belt. I have looked at a few local junkyards and the compatible buckles I have...
  14. Really annoying squeaking coming from steering wheel area- Please help!

I noticed a few weeks ago a squeaking sound coming from the steering wheel. It doesn't matter if I am going straight, turning, sitting there idling, even parked with the engine off, I can get the squeak to happen by bumping or jerking the steering wheel. It is very high pitch and comes in very...
  15. Help identifying dash light type (Pics)

I just replaced the 6 GE 194 lamps for my dashboard as a few were dead and the others were on their way. The light that illuminates the head light selector switch options (off, parking ambers, and on) was also dead. When I took apart the assembly I noticed it is not a 194, but something else...
  16. My 1997 Ranger (Pic after cleaning and wax)

She's still looks good after over 92,000 miles and a number of bad MI winters. My first truck and I am going to keep her as long as I can. Mostly have done cosmetic mods. After the snow season I plan on fixing the leaking fuel filler neck and replacing the exhaust system with new O2 sensors...
  17. Bad vibration issue when turning

My '97 ranger has been acting up lately. At first I thought it was my tranny then power steering but at this point I'm not sure. Whenever I turn my ranger while giving it some throttle I get a bad vibration that sounds like it is coming from the front passenger area. It's almost like a...
  18. Crack in airbag dash

My Ranger has always had a crack a few inches long from the top and goes down vertically in the center of my passenger side airbag dash cover. It appears to be spreading slowly, I am guessing there is a groove on the other side to make the panel split easier in the event the bag is deployed and...
  19. Am I lucky? (Winter driving "accident")

On my way home from school today I lost it on an overpass that was icy. (I didn't feel my truck get loose the previous 50 or so miles I drove that day so perhaps I should have been going slower.) I fishtailed a few times between a semi trailer and a guard rail (not fun) before ending up in the...
  20. Wiper arm/base removal?

Hello all, I can't find a thread about this anywhere. I would like to remove my windshield wiper arms all the way down to the base, one of them has the black paint faded into the metal. I figure it would be an easy paint job once they are off but I can't figure out how to get these babies off...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad