• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. which electrical connector is which ?

So my 4.0/2.9 swap is nearing the end, and all i have to finish up is the wiring. Heres the thing. The motor is out of a '91 ranger, and the harness is out of a slightly newer explorer (it had a 3g alternator).There are a few grey connectors, and a few black ones, but how do i know which one...
  2. Two starter questions

1. How does my starter solenoid get wired ? As in which wires go where.. 2. How can i bypass my clutch safety switch
  3. 2.9 to 4.0 wiring harness help

Alright, so i've got an '89 ranger that had the 2.9 in it. I swapped in a 4.0 from a '91 ranger. I am having huge wiring issues. I am using the 2.9 stock harness, and the 4.0 engine harness ,and am trying to adapt the two together. I have already plugged the 4.0 computer into the stock 2.9...
  4. Engine wiring diagram help !!!

I need an engine harness wiring diagram for an 89 ranger 2.9, and a 91 ranger 4.0. I am trying to do the swap right now, but have no manual !!
  5. Two 2.9 - 4.0 questions urgent !!

Will the flywheel from a 2.9 bolt up to the 4.0 and work fine ? Will the 2.9 clutch work with the 4.0 ? I am running a standard transmission, but only have an automatic computer. What will the negative consequences be ? I dont care about CEL's...
  6. 2.9L to diesel 2.3 conversion ?

Currently my truck has a very tired 2.9L in it. I've came across an 82, regular cab 2wd Diesel ranger. What would be involved for swapping this motor in for my 2.9 ? Does the transmission/transfer case bolt up ? Is this a bad motor ? Thanks
  7. High idle help

My trucks idle seems to be stuck around 2500 - 3000 rpm. REally annoying. It started happening after i got a TPS from the wrecker (My truck wouldnt go below 1500 before). I threw the new tps on, it stayed around 1500 rpm and i just drove it and didnt care. Recently, it wont go below 2500 rpm...
  8. My audio setup

Just a peek at my audio setup. Looks fairly insignificant, but beware. Its a 12" alpine R, with soundstream michaelangelo series amp (itll do 950 rms at 2 ohms). I've got two ascendant audio 6.5s up front, and have rockford 6 x9s in the back. I need a place to mount my 4" now (any ideas ?)...
  9. My poser prerunner "Silver bullet"

My poser prerunner "Silver bullet" **More Updates** Well she may not be a bullet, but shes silver ! Starts off as so. 1989 ranger 4x4, 4" lift (combo of rearched leafs, blocks, spring spacers), as well as some 33's and a 2.9L V6. Threw on some mcneil racing fiberglass fenders, new...
  10. 351 conversion

Alright so the step dad has a 351m in his old ford, carburated. It has a c6 transmission in it. My truck is a 4x4 1989 ranger with a 2.9L EFI motor and 5 speed transmission. I am planning on just dropping in the 351/c6 combo for now, and leaving the front end alone with all 4x4 components just...
  11. Fiberglass 1 piece front ends, fenders, bedsides ?

Alright so im looking into some FG stuff for my 1989 ranger right now. Im thinking a full 1 piece front end would be cool, but every 1 piece i have found is a conversion to a newer style. im thinking im just going to get front FG fenders, and flare the rears. Could you please send me some...
  12. Strange idling, finding codes.

So my 1989 2.9L ranger idles very strangely. Between shifts rpms will stay up, and eventually drop down. If i rev the truck in neutral, rpms will stay up, then drop down. Now can i use codes to see whats causing the problem (IAC or TPS im assuming). How do i get codes ? Its an OBD 1 truck so...
  13. Messed up camber

Looks like my truck was lifted with coil spring spacers, and because of it my truck looks like the wheels are super cambered in. :shok: Looks like when you jump a ranger, except the truck is on the ground. I heard that you can buy a different ball joint space or something like that to fix the...
  14. Hello from BC

Names josh, im a 17 year old grade 12 student from vancouver area british columbia canada :headbang: Just picked up my first ranger today, traded my beater 5.0 for it. Its an 88 with 5 speed, 4x4, 2.9L, 33's. Ive got some big plans to build it like a prerunner, just have to wait for my other...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad