• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. LittleHorse

A4LD pan 2WD vs 4WD

My '90 Bronco II 4WD has a pan with a damaged gasket surface. I have a pan from a 2WD - it's shallow without the clearance for the plastic filter extension. I also have a new filter from a 2WD without the plastic extension. Is there any harm that could come from isntalling the 2WD filter and...
  2. LittleHorse

diagnosing gear wear

Guys, Hoping someone whose got extensive transmission experience (AllanD!) can look at a gear and tell me what would cause this type of wear. It's a distributor/oil pump drive gear on a non-RBV. It's well covered in oil so I don't think it's lubrication. Could it be poor tooth profile...
  3. LittleHorse

what would you check next?

Here's the situation: '90 Bronco II, 2.9 manual trans Has been very low on power since I bought it a year ago. Can't make it up even slight-moderate hills without losing significant speed or downshifting to fourth. It also has to be cranked for about 3 full seconds before it starts, as long as...
  4. LittleHorse

wife wants a Jeep

her dad bought an 82 CJ-7 before she was born, and she's loved the thing her whole life. Now has decided it's time to get one. Not sure how I feel about this since I was raised to be vehemently anti-Chrysler but I have to admit I'd appreciate having a solid front axle and a (factory) removable...
  5. LittleHorse

AOD/AODE/4R70W experts

My 2.9 continues it's decline day by day so I'm getting itchy to tackle this 5.0 swap thing again. Vehicle is 90 Bronco II 4x4 My plan is to use a EEC IV 5.0 HO from a Mustang (don't have the patience to try an OBD II engine from the Explorer). Overdrive is a must, and I'd like to have an...
  6. LittleHorse

picking up a new toy tomorrow

I know there's a motorcycle thread floating around here somewhere but felt like posting a new thread. Got the sales contract paperwork done, driving down to Texas to pick this baby up tomorrow. 2008 H-D Sportster XL1200 Nightster (say that 5 times fast) in Olive denim (harleys word for...
  7. LittleHorse

auto transmissions, electrically controlled, engine computer

Hey guys... planning a EFI 5.0 swap into my BII, and trying to get my ducks in a row for what all parts I need, and I came across something I dont know the answer to. I'm not real familiar with auto transmissions, even less so those that are controlled electronically. I need to know, does the...
  8. LittleHorse

leaky steering wheel

yeah, sounds weird but I meant exactly what it says. From time to time, usually after sitting for a few days without being driven, I'll come out to my '90 Bronco II and find a drip or two of some unidentified thick black goop having come from between the stitching on the steering wheel rim. On...
  9. LittleHorse

My Bronco II plans

These are my plans... Engine Swap: 2" body lift EFI 5.0 HO engine w/AOD transmission 31"-32" tires Suspension Phase 1: either 2" leveling coil lift or 3-4" suspension lift (JD or SkyJacker?) Suspension Phase 2 (no longer a DD): 35" tires 6" suspension lift (converted from 4" with just coils)...
  10. LittleHorse

what axle ratios you guys running?

I've been putting together a plan for an EFI 5.0 swap into my Bronco II and planning to use an AOD transmission. I'm not a hardcore offroader, just occasional recreational wheeling and it's mainly a daily driver, so I'm not putting 38s on it or anything, I'm thinking probably 31's or at most...
  11. LittleHorse

this years fall project

I'm saving up for a motorcycle and came across this thing that I felt would give me a good boost. Guy from work bought it maybe 6 months ago. Drove it around a little but started having transmission trouble - it would drive fine for a while and then start losing ATF out of the bellhousing...
  12. LittleHorse

body lift 2" vs 3"

for the purposes of a 5.0 swap, does it make any difference in tunnel clearance or anywhere else whether a 2" or 3" body lift is used? I'm planning on using a late version AOD or an AOD-E (with appropriate computer of course) with an AA adapter for my BW1350. I haven't started acquiring parts...
  13. LittleHorse

transmission identification

not on an RBV, but at least it's a Ford. A coworker of mine just bought an '81 F-250 4x4 with a 400 big block...the engine is not doing real well so he's thinking of swapping in a working fuel injected 300 straight six from a '95 F-150 that he already has sitting around. We're trying to figure...
  14. LittleHorse

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

shopping for 31's for my BII, stumbled across these. Looks more aggressive than most A/T's, not quite as aggressive as typical M/T's. Since my BII is also a DD these seem like a good fit. They come already siped and pinned for studs, which is super cool. Price is only $129 per tire at...
  15. LittleHorse

washers for spring spacers

I might be getting a little anal retentive here, but I'm an engineer so it's my nature. Washers are sold in nominal diameters that are not the same as the actual measured inner diameter. I submit the following as examples. 1-1/4" nominal size, 1-3/8" inner diameter...
  16. LittleHorse

Just have to vent

this Bronco II has been hell from the get go. I bought it for what I thought was a pretty good deal, because it had a bad clutch. I figure, a couple hundred in parts and some time in the garage, no biggy. I take the transmission out for the clutch, and discover the cltuch is bad, and the...
  17. LittleHorse

can someone with a ~90 Bronco II do me a huge favor?

Go out and look under your hood, on top of the inner fender near the brake master cylinder. There are four electrical connectors that are all clipped to the inner fender. Are all four of them plugged into something? Specifically the black connector with just two wires (light blue, LB w/ stripe)...
  18. LittleHorse

just put Bronco II back together, some thing isn't right

it won't start. I can jump it over with a screw driver and it will start but it will not start with a key. It started before I took it apart. What I did was replace the M5OD with one out of a '94 4.0 Ranger, and replace the electric transfer case with a manual from a '94 Explorer. I removed the...
  19. LittleHorse

2" vs 3" body lift, why the different pricing?

For Bronco II's and several Ranger models the 2" costs more than the 3", by as much as $40. Anybody know why the difference is? I'm mainly referring to the Performance Accessories lifts listed on the TRS Fab and Offroad site but I've seen it elsewhere as well. I'd like to put a body lift on my...
  20. LittleHorse

ok so what's the trick?

Trying to put my M5OD back into the Bronco II, can't seem to find the magic trick it takes to get the bellhousing over the exhaust. I've taken it out (twice actually) and am trying to do it in reverse but it's just not working. The bellhousing is hitting the tunnel at the top and it's not even...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad