• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Sweet-85'

Seat bolt size?

Thanks! I wish I knew what I did with the damn originals...
  2. Sweet-85'

Seat bolt size?

Any idea what something like that would be classified as at Fastenal? I honestly have never had to buy a bolt for a specific application to which I didn't have an original to compare. Fastenal has flange heads, but like 8 million of them, and I'm not exactly sure what to look for.
  3. Sweet-85'

Seat bolt size?

Can't do that, driver seat isn't stock and was jerry-rigged in with new holes and bolts. This was done before I bought the truck...
  4. Sweet-85'

Seat bolt size?

Anyone know what the factory seat bolt size is for a first gen truck? I misplaced my passenger side seat bolts on the Bronco II when I disassembled the interior. Looks like I'll need to buy some new ones, just need to know what to look for. Thanks!
  5. Sweet-85'

Project Budget(ish) Bronco.

Well, the mechanical stuff is all buttoned up, and she's running good again! Now just getting the lights wired up...
  6. Sweet-85'

99 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0 V6 --> V8 (Need suggestions and help)

Basically it's changing the gear ratio in your front and rear differential to better match the size tires you're running. Makes it easier for your engine to turn bigger tires. You may lose a little fuel economy, but you'll gain drivability, in your case, you might get some fuel economy back...
  7. Sweet-85'

Help 87 B2 Brake problems

I also say, look at the wheel bearings, my 85 did exactly what you're describing years ago. Does it pull to one side? Mine was a wasted wheel bearing, the bearing was toast, and it made the hub super hot, and transferred some heat to the rotors too since their part of the assembly on these trucks.
  8. Sweet-85'

Minnesota Members Rollcall

Hastings
  9. Sweet-85'

Members By Location

Hastings, MN
  10. Sweet-85'

BIG NEWS!! TRS will be adding a vehicle to the fleet!!

I'm going to guess a green 1994 explorer.
  11. Sweet-85'

Is it going to give me any lift?

Around that, it would be fine for clearing 31s, 32s with trimming. If thats the route you want to go, I would recommend setting up the front suspension first, and then blocking the back to match. Definately get axle drop brackets though, they can be had for about $120, and are totally worth it...
  12. Sweet-85'

Not enough. With 2.5 inch spacers and 1.5 inch springs, I only got maybe 3inches of total lift in the front. They honestly wern't much better than my stock front springs. There are pics of the results in my build thread. I ended up running a 3.5 rear block, and skyjacker 4 in front coils with a...
  13. Sweet-85'

Suspension Check

You can, yes, however, you'll want to get axle drop brackets. Your steering and camber, toe, etc will be way off and make it a pain to drive, off road or not.
  14. Sweet-85'

Well, I took the truck home to clean some of the junk out of the back, took a few pics in the driveway. Unfortunately, the drive to and from the shop revealed that the front main seal on the 2.8L had failed. And by failed, I mean a total loss. It's bad. By the time I got back to the shop the oil...
  15. Sweet-85'

Factory rake

When I did my block/spacer lift originally, I had a 2 inch block in the back, and about a 2.5 inch spacer (custom) in the front and it sat level. I just posted pics in the "show me your lifted BII" thread of the original lift and my new 4 inch-ish lift...
  16. Sweet-85'

Post a Picture of your lifted BroncoII

With a 2inch-ish lift and 31's With a 4inch-ish lift and 32's
  17. Sweet-85'

As promised here are some fresh pics... Front axle detail with steering linkage installed: Detail of the crazy small BII u-joint mounted to the larger 8.8 flange: Improvised radius arm drop brackets, he built these before I had the chance to tell him they could be purchased lol: An update...
  18. Sweet-85'

Rear driveshaft situation solved! We simply drilled and tapped the flange on the 8.8 to accept the u-joint assembly from the BII, which is a ridiculously tiny 1210 joint. I'll get some photos when I have the chance. But the point is, it's drive-able now! :yahoo: Still have to wire up the lights...
  19. Sweet-85'

8.8 swap in 1984 BII, a little help please.

Well, I've not had the luck finding what info I need. We've hit a block getting everything hooked up. What do I need to make my Bronco II drive shaft work with the 8.8? A hybrid u-joint, if so, does anyone have a part number? It's just a standard 8.8 from a 93 Ranger. I'll be running a...
  20. Sweet-85'

So I just picked up my axles for D35/8.8 swap on my Bronco II. The truck currently has a spacer lift that got it about 2in total (2.5" front, 2" block in the rear), it fits 31's fine and even has a little extra room. I've got 32's that I want to put under it, but I'm thinking I'm going to need a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad