• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. explorer lift leaf springs into a ranger?

hey guys just wondering if anyone knew if the explorer leaf lift springs would fit a ranger? dunno if the dimensions from eye to eye is different or not. Looking to do a SAS and need to lift the rear, but don't wanna use blocks. and the 3" explorer leafs are about 250 cheaper than ranger 6"...
  2. pitman arms?

just wondering if anyone knows for sure what pitman arms, if any, will fit a stock 93 ranger steering? i was under the impression that pretty much all the ford pitman arms are interchangeable between each on being able to fit the steering box? i'm asking cuz i'm hoping i have enough money to...
  3. goldmine front end at a junkyard!

like it says, i found a SWEET chevy front end for my SAS at the junkyard today!:yahoo: not sure on the year or what it came it out of, but i know its pre 77, cuz it has flat top knuckles on both sides! but the amazing thing is too, it has warn hubs too!:icon_bounceblue: most chevy front ends...
  4. eb d44 help

hey guys, got the housing sitting in my room now:yahoo: just wondering if ya'll know where i can get a complete rebuild kit(73 EB d44) as i just have the bare housing, and i've got the works in for getting a chevy d44, gonna steel the knuckles out and slap on the eb d44. Just gonna replace all...
  5. dana 44 knuckles question

i've got a deal in the works on getting an EB d44. but i'm under the impression i can put pretty much any d44 knuckle out assembly on it, is this true? Cuz if it is, i was planning on getting a hold of waggy d44 knuckle out assembly and running high steer on em, cuz that way i get disc brakes...
  6. whos all in the military?

Hey guys looking at joining up. Wanna know any insights y'all might have if you've beenthrough the enlistment process? Mostly looking at either the marines or busting my ass to get to be a ranger in the army.
  7. leafs or coil w/ waggy d44

i know the waggy d44 comes stock with leaf setup, but i was wondering if it'd be easier to just do leafs, or stay with the coil set up. Mostly i'm wondering what leafs you guys use for the front, and how you measure the lift height on em before actually getting them under. cuz im lookin for 8-9"...
  8. Domestic Scan tools?

Hey guys just wondering what your guy's preferences are on scan tools for domestics(and foreign) as i'm looking around for one, and definitely want it to be able to do all domestics! and it'd be nice if it'd do foreign cars minus the german cars. as far as im concerned vag com is the only way...
  9. Moving to Canada?

To all those who know anything about it, i get done with school(getting my B.S. of Exercise Sciene and minor in automotive) in about a year, and i'm figuring i'm gonna be moving up there and possibly go to a diesel program up there in Lethbridge too. Cuz my gf and i are planning on gettin...
  10. waggy d44 from leaf sprung to coil sprung?

hey guys, i've been wanting to get an EB d44 for my truck, but the housings are so effing expensive everywhere i look that im thinking about the waggy d44. BUT i wanna stay with coil springs, can a waggy d44 be converted over to coil springs? without much trouble or is it a living nightmare...
  11. Its raining!

All i gotta say fellas is watch out hahaha, its been raining for 2 days now here, gotta get out and get the truck dirty:yahoo:
  12. Bilstein 5100's

Finally got me a pair for the front end on my ranger with a 6" lift... and all i have to say is AMAZING! they are definitely worth the money:icon_thumby: i have a much smoother ride than before, especially with the lift on and the 37" tires i'm running on em(yes they rub a little). Just...
  13. 4.0L ohv rebuild or replace?

hey guys my 4.0L in my truck is getting tired i think, and well im sure the tranny ain't too far behind, good ol A4LD hahaha, just wondering if its worth rebuilding it, or finding a SOHC 4.0L somewhere and throwing that in, and if thats the better route, how different are those motors? cuz i...
  14. ordered parts! :)

ok, guys.. i'm just really excited and felt like sharing it haha. i just ordered a detriot locker, 4.56 gears, and the install kit(like $880 total) for my 8.8 31 spline! Finally, got the last of the stuff!:yahoo: gonna start building the truck up, right when it gets here...
  15. total rebuild?

Ok guys, need some help. I emailed this guy about rebuilding my A4LD, and wanting it done right. Someone has to know if this "list" is good/bad/mediocre... or if there is just a ton of stuff to add to it? This is what he said his total rebuild does for it, and it sounds like the...
  16. maybe i'm just paranoid...

hey gots got the A4LD in 93 4.0L ranger. Whenever i'm stopped and its in drive i can hear the tranny rattling. Wasn't sure if its normal or not cause this is the first automatic i've ever dealt with. and i'm already figuring i'm gonna be rebuilding at some point, or putting a high...
  17. beadlocks street legal?

hey guys just wondering if anyone knows for sure if beadlocks are street legal or not? or if they are and aren't in certain states?
  18. best locker?

ok, so since i am putting a locker in the rear end, i NEED it to be able to hold up to most anything. and well i haven't heard very many good things about the lunch box lockers for the rear. i've been figuring i should just stick with detriot, but i plan on running 37's(i already bought em)...
  19. BF Goodrich All-terrain T/A(i.e. KO)

just wondering if you guys have had good luck with these tires because i found a killer deal on em! $633 for 4 brand new 35x12.5x15. grantid they aren't mounted or nothing but still thats CHEAP! Kinda on a budget thats why im willing to get an A/T tire instead of a M/T:dunno:
  20. 8.8 31 spline carrier install?

i called the local place that does gears, and turns out its gonna cost $700 after parts, labor, and all the little extra stuff... SO i figured i could just order a carrier with the R&P all set up for quite a bit less and install the carrier myself. How much easier is it to install the carrier...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad