• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. FastEddy760

D44 TTB Swap - Axle Cut Info Pictures?

Correct... A chop saw was all that was needed. The end was de-burred by rotating the axle against the chop saw blade. This added the tapered edge back like factory. Of course cycle the suspension before and afterwards. Keep in mind, the axle I used, on the passenger side is from an F-250 if...
  2. FastEddy760

Flickr Images... Here is a shot of the binding axle - http://www.flickr.com/photos/fasteddy760/3616456809/in/set-72157604515364778/ At the long end of the shaft, we cut the shy side of .625 off. This eliminated the bind/impact during the cycle of the passenger side beam. The issues I had...
  3. FastEddy760

Final results are to trim about .5-.625 off the axle. Appears to still leave plenty of meat on the axel shaft. Truck is on the road now and driving daily. Now I need to clearance the u-joints as they bind at full droop. A few more degrees ought to send me down the road without issues...
  4. FastEddy760

This is with the beams almost flat straight even. This allows the small gap in the picture. As it droops they bind and it does not drop out. This *is* the shorter shaft from an F250. I thought I would have time to work on the shafts this weekend, but did not happen. Hopefully tonight I can...
  5. FastEddy760

More bump travel good! =] Here is a shot of the axle poking through the slip yoke bottoming out on the U-joint
  6. FastEddy760

Hrmmm... That is interesting. Are you suggesting the pivot points are lowered by adding metal between them and the frame? This in effect would 'raise' the truck? Trying to get it straight in my head what your suggesting. If I am reading that correctly, how does it eliminate the binding...
  7. FastEddy760

The Turck came home this weeekend... So I can once again take it apart and cycle the beams. I think cutting the axle is the best option. Adding length to the beams at the pivots is not a good option in my case. The radius arms are already welded up and shock mounts positioned with a certain...
  8. FastEddy760

All Stock Components, No Adjustments... Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. No, all Ranger pivot points are factory stock. Beams are stock Bronco and factory lengths.
  9. FastEddy760

Hello All, Great source of info and very much appreciated. I'm about 95% complete on a D44 Bronco TTB swap on my 97 Ranger. Does anyone have pictures of the axle cut for the passenger side? After combing the forums, and other sites like http://dezertrangers.com/ I am not finding specific...
  10. FastEddy760

Beam Mount Position - Ranger vs. Bronco Full Size

Hello All, I mounted some full size Bronco beams (and a Dana 44) on the stock positioned Ranger mount points. 1997 Ranger Xtra Cab 4wd / 1994 Bronco Beams I'm curious if anyone knows the answer(s) to the following: - Is the mount points on a Ranger, the same distance as a full size Bronco...
  11. FastEddy760

Zero Electrical Lights Buzzers Starter etc. - Dash Install - Roll Cage Buildout

Hello All, I am in the process of installing the dash after a complete removal. The truck had a cage installed front to rear. In the process I removed the whole dash, the harness, and a lot of other things. Here is a link to the build for the curious -...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad