• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. High Volume Oil Pump

http://www.hdmaddog.com/Ford-Lincoln-Mercury/Oil-Pumps-Parts-and-Pans/Ford-29-40-Melling-High-p7431739.html Alot of people seem to be having oil issues lately so I decided to post a link to a HV pump. This would seem to solve alot of noisy motor issues for people as well as the warm running...
  2. Who actually has a Ranger???

I have had a 85 with a 200 straight 6 and now have a 88 with a 2.9 V6. I have liked both of them and think they are great little trucks. I was just wondered who on here actually owns a Ranger at this time or is just trolling here having owned one in the past or looking to get one someday? Lets...
  3. Air Ranger?

A few years ago I worked on using compressed air to run an old lawnmower engine and it worked reasonably well. I was wondering if anyone considered trying something similar on a larger scale? Rangers are fairly light weight and with a manual tranny a smaller two or four cylinder engine running...
  4. Run the Ranger or Keep the Jeep?

Okay first off let me say that I own a 1988 Ranger and a !986 Jeep Cherokee. I however have come to the point where I have to decide which vehicle I will be putting my money and time into. I am a pizza delievery guy and have been using the Ranger for my del vehicle for the past few months and I...
  5. I hate this....

I have a M5R1 in my 88 Ranger with a 2.9V6. This isn't the original trans or motor so I'm not sure of the year of the pair. The problem I am having is hooking up the backup lights and speedometer cable. The speedometer gear doesn't fit into the fitting on the transmission and the backup light...
  6. New in the Station but not to Rangers

I am the present owner of a 1988 Ranger. It was originally a 2.0 truck but now has a 2.9 and five speed. I don't know exactly what the mileage is because the speedometer isnt hooked up. Its a bit of a beater but I like it!! I owned another 88 Ranger a few years ago but it was a experimental...
  7. Great place and a question

I purchased a 1988 Ranger a week ago with the 2.9 and stick. It ran but pretty poorly and I figured I would need to do a bit of work on it. The engine would start almost immediately but died right away. Then when giving it gas to keep it running it sort of surges and will die if you just keep a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad