• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Musick17

I'm back!

I sold my ranger awhile back because I started driving 125 miles a day for work. So I was left truck-less and it was terrible! So yesterday I bought this 1984 F150 for $900 from a guy that had had it since 1988. It had been maintained its entire life by a certified Ford mechanic. It's obviously...
  2. Musick17

Rate this plug!

I've been having issues with very slow acceleration off the line and under 2400 RPM in every gear. Just seems like it doesnt want to move until it hits 2400-2500 RPM. I pulled a plug thinking they may be the issue. The electrode end was dry, gapped corretly, and not burnt. It looked good. But...
  3. Musick17

What were you driving back then?

I've been eyeing my dads old 1970 chevy 4x4 rustbucket that he drove in the 70's and 80's and I was thinking to myself "I wonder what this truck looked like back then" (he doesnt have a picture). It would be awesome to see pictures of your rides from the 60's, 70's, and 80's! I'll start, 1970...
  4. Musick17

Check this one out

I went to a little lake to take the canoe out and we had just put in and all of a sudden I see this guy roll up! I left my phone in the truck so I stole this picture off the internet. The wheels up top are spinners that turn while he's driving!
  5. Musick17

Anyone wired up a line out converter before?

Here's what I have going on. I am putting a 10" sub in my girlfriends 2005 ford focus. I've hooded up several sets of subs, but never with a stock head unit. So I bought a line out converter. I have the remote wire run from behind the dash to the amp and its hooked to the "remote" port. I have...
  6. Musick17

My easy/cheap fix to hauling my kayak

So awhile back I bought a kayak and its just too big to carry easily on my truck. So I made a solution. It cost me about $20 to make and works phenomenally... so I thought I would share it with you all. Let me know what you think!
  7. Musick17

Thought I Would Share

About 8 months ago I made a couple of posts asking about compression tests and detailed out the overheating issue I had with my truck. I finally decided to take it to another mechanic to get checked out. For the whole store about what was going on with my truck check out this thread...
  8. Musick17

Truck jams in your garage

You guys ever hooked up a car stereo in your garage or something? If so, how'd you do it? Reason for asking, I'm trying to make a cooler stereo. I ordered some marine grade speakers and amplifier that included a direct iPod hookup. The system runs off of 12v DC. I plan on using a rechargeable...
  9. Musick17

Engine compatibility question

I tried searching the forums and google for what I was looking for, but I couldn't quite find it. I have a 2002 ford ranger with a 2.3L motor, with a manual transmission. The motor is blown. What year's of 2.3L motors will be a direct swap into my truck? Also, are there any 6 cylinders that...
  10. Musick17

compression test question

What kinds of compression tests are there? I've seen the manual ones where you put a gauge where the spark plug goes and you turn the motor over and it gives you a reading. The reason I ask is because the people that are working on my truck said they did a compression test where they...
  11. Musick17

coolant coming out of reservoir cap

So last week my truck went in and got a new heat control valve because it went bad and dumped my coolant all over a gas station parking lot. I noticed a couple days ago that I was low on coolant, which definitely should be since it all just got replaced with fresh and should be topped off...
  12. Musick17

Question for the fisherman

I was trying to think of a good way to mount either 1 or 2 fishing poles inside of my truck. I really dont like them rolling around in the bed or toolbox. And putting them behind my seats make me leery as well because I can just imagine someone sliding the seat back and smashing them. So what...
  13. Musick17

Excessive water from A/C

Since it is now finally getting hot around here I've been running the A/C a bit in the truck and noticed a whole bunch of water puddling when I parked it. This was not the regular little puddle of water I would get last summer. This was a come outside and head to my truck and stop in my tracks...
  14. Musick17

How do you flag your cargo?

Just wanting some general input from everyone on how you flag your cargo whenever it is overly long or wide? What do you typically use? How do you attach it? How much do you let hang before you decide to flag? If you never flag, even when you should, why don't you? Thanks to everyone that...
  15. Musick17

Ever build a gokart?

I just randomly googled homemade go karts because i have always wanted to make one and there is some awesome stuff on there, so I figured I would see what kind of things you guys have done.
  16. Musick17

Is it bad for the clutch when...

It's engaging extremely close to the floor? my clutch has to be depressed all the way to the floor for me to put it into gear and begins to engage when I release it 1"-1.5" off the floor. I just got it back from having the slave and master cylinder replaced and before that it would engage right...
  17. Musick17

Ever tried getting into the wrong truck?

So last week I was leaving walmart and I had quite a few things on my mind. I was standing outside my drivers side door trying to unlock it but the dang key wouldnt turn. I fiddled with it for approximately 10 seconds and then someone came up to me with a very confused look and asked what the...
  18. Musick17

Another clutch issue problem

I posted a week and a half ago or so about a clutch issue, and now I have another question. What could cause a clutch to lose pressure after pumping it? There seems to be some play in my clutch from where it sits at the top of its stroke to where it actually pushes back on my foot with any...
  19. Musick17

02 clutch engagement question

So I got in my truck this morning and went to back out of my parking spot and my clutch wasnt engaging where is usually does. Since I got the truck approximately 30k miles ago the clutch has always engaged right about mid stroke. But this morning its not beginning to grab until right at the very...
  20. Musick17

Ever tracked down an old vehicle?

I was wondering if anyone here had tried to track down a vehicle they previously owned? Ive begun following the paper trail on my 2000 xlt. Dont know why I sold the thing, has a ton of sentimental value to me. Anyways... I sold it to a kid. He traded it to a dealer. They sent it to a dealer...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad