• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Lee_533

83 Ranger Smog Issues!

Ok. So I live in Communist California where you pretty much get taxed for farting because it destroys the ozone. I have an 83 Ranger with a 2.3L engine that's due for smog. Last time I smogged it the guy was cool about it and helped me tune it up before we tested and it passed with flying...
  2. Lee_533

4 cyl 4x4

Ok guys. So I've seen it said multiple times that a 4 banger 4x4 is rare. What I want to know is how rare are they? I have an 83 2.3 4 cylinder 4x4 with a 4" suspension lift and 2" body lift (soon to be 6" suspension). I've never though of my truck as rare so I'm looking for people that know...
  3. Lee_533

83 2.3L Timing Belt. HELP!!!

Hey guys, I am trying to change the timing belt on my 83 2.3L ranger. The old one snapped. I have everything taken off and already replaced the tensioner, but now what? I can't find a tutorial anywhere about lining the engine up to put the belt on. I spun the cam pulley to make sure it's...
  4. Lee_533

83 Ranger Issues

Ok guys. I have searched the forum but so far cannot find the solution. I have an 83 Ranger 4x4. Engine is the stock 2.3L. I was driving it to a friends house when the truck just died. It has been running perfect with no problems up until now. The truck did not lug or sputter, I shifted in...
  5. Lee_533

Help please!!!

Ok...So I have an 83 Ranger 4x4 with a 6" lift. Problem that I'm having is that the pitman arm says it's meant for a 4-6" lift BUT now my tie rods are way off. I need a to figure something out. I can easily just lower the front back down to a 4" but the coils are too rough. I found a 6-8"...
  6. Lee_533

Pitman Problem

Hey everyone...ok I know what you guys are going to say but I'm going to ask anyways...If I lift my truck 4" and replace all the brackets and all that good stuff BUT not the pitman arm...what am I looking at steering wise? Is it even possible to do a 4" lift without getting a drop pitman...
  7. Lee_533

Bolt Size

Hey...Need some more help guys. I need the bolt sizes for the front end brackets on my 83 ranger...The radius arm brackets and the front axle brackets that connect to my frame. That's it... So please help if you have the sizes.
  8. Lee_533

Sway Bar/Radius Arm Problem

Hey everyone, I need some major help. I'm lifting my truck on friday night but I have run into a problem. My ranger has a sway bar that connects to the inside of each radius arm. The radius arms are connected to a single bracket that works as a crossmember for my frame, and my sway bar...
  9. Lee_533

Lift Parts, Help?

Hey guys...I am about to lift my truck and I just wanted some more info on it. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something? I have: Drop brackets for I-beams, Longer arms, new brackets for arms, leaf springs, shocks, and drop pitman arm....am I missing anything? I'm only lifting it 4"s and...
  10. Lee_533

Muffler Question

ok, I have an 83 ranger with a 2.3L 4 cyl. And I want a muffler that is deep but that won't make me go def if you know what I mean...I had a flowmaster on there that came off of my bro's 72 camaro and it was too loud....so does anyone know what kind of muffler will sound deep but that's not...
  11. Lee_533

Exhaust Cutout Help

Hey guys...I need help. I want to put an exhaust cutout on my truck but I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to shut it. I bought a manual cutout and it leaked like a b*tch. I can make one but I want it to close so it doesn't leak. So does anyone have a design that works? I don't...
  12. Lee_533

Want To Lift

ok...I have a lift kit already but I do not have any way of installing it. I had a friend that had a shop but he took off to the military so I'm screwed. I live near Sacramento CA. and I was wondering if anyone knew of a shop that would lift it for me for a good price...I have a first...
  13. Lee_533

Info on engine swap?

Ok...I have an 83 ranger with a 2.3L 4 cyl...I want to swap it to the 2.2L diesel...what am I looking at as far as difficulty? Will the wiring harnesses line up? And will I have to do anything with the trany, Motor mounts, or steering equipment? If anyone has any info please help...I really...
  14. Lee_533

Need Help With Fenders

ok, here's the deal. I saw a guy's ranger that had 32's and just a 2" lift. He said that he widened his fenders 4 inches and raised them 2 inches. I want to do that to mine so I would fit 32"s but I don't know. Anyone have any ideas? I have an 83 ranger and this guy had an 84 body so... Any...
  15. Lee_533

What Do You Think? Advice?

Does anyone have any experience with a 5.5" Superrunner Lift kit from Superlift? I just bought one and I want to know if it will last or if I should reinforce all of the brackets. I have Longer arms, Drop brackets for the axles, Leafs, Coils, and Drop Pitman, and I am having my driveshaft...
  16. Lee_533

5.5" Superrunner Lift and Need Some Help

Hey guys. I bought a 5.5" superrunner lift from SuperLift for my first generation and I just want some info on how to lift it right. I know I have to drill new brackets for my longer arms and swapping my drop brackets for my front axle seems easy enough. But is there anything that I'm...
  17. Lee_533

Lift and Need some Info....Help

Ok...I have an 83 Ranger 4x4. I just bought a 5.5" lift kit from a guy and now I need some help lifting it...I have 5.5 Leafs, 5.5 Coils, Drop Pitman, Drop Brackets for axles and arms, longer arms, and a drive-shaft. I got the whole thing for $150. I know how to install the brackets and the...
  18. Lee_533

Can You Help Me Find It?

Hey guys....I've been looking for the drop brackets for my front axle for a while now. I have 4" coils, blocks, and a drop pitman that should work. But I don't have a lot of money and the only place where I found the brackets that I need is Skyjacker for over $200....If anyone knows of...
  19. Lee_533

Please Help Me Decide!!!!!!

Ok...Here's the deal. I have a choice between getting a 98 ranger 4x4 and selling my 83 4x4 or keeping my 83. I need to know what I'm getting myself into here. So if anyone has any info on the 98s I would appreciate the input. My 83 has a 2" block and 2" body lift and this one will be stock...
  20. Lee_533

Brake Problems

Ok...my passenger side front brake is sticking and I can't figure out why. this happened before so I bled the brakes and it let go. I just bled the brakes again and no air came out so I have no idea what's going on. It pulls to the right violently and when I hit the brakes, I can make a full...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad